Shimazu Returns, Part II

"That's one ugly mutt."

"Man, the leash laws in this city need some series work," said Hunter.

Xander nodded, slowly, before shaking himself and turning to the Crimson Ranger. "Hey, hold up," he said. "This city, Briarwood, has some great leash laws. That's Ridgecrest, they have different rules all together."

Vida rolled her eyes and punched Xander's shoulder to shut him up. "We should probably get out there," she said. "You know, before he goes medieval on a bunch of innocent bystanders?"

Cam nodded. "I can access the Zords from here," he said.

"Okay," said Shane, turning away. "Ready?"

"Ready!"

"Ninja Storm, Ranger Form! Power of Air, Earth, Water!"

"Thunder Storm, Ranger Form! Power of Thunder!"

"Magical Source, Mystic Force! Pink Mystic Ranger! Green Mystic Ranger! Red Mystic Ranger!"

With the two teams heading for Ridgecrest, Cam called on the Ninja Zords and then turned to Eithne as she returned from Kali's bedroom with Rune Tessler. "How is she?" he asked.

"She'll survive," said Eithne. "She just needs to rest."

"Is she awake?"

Eithne nodded. "She keeps asking for you," she admitted. "But I'm not sure if it's the lack of energy talking, or if she's just worried about the others. You can go see her if you like."

Cam smiled, stood, and headed up the wooden, spiral staircase to the bedrooms. He quickly found Kali's and stepped inside.

"Hey," Kali said, sitting up in bed. "How are the others? Where are the others?"

"They're okay," said Cam. "They're fighting the Wolfblades with their Megazord. The Mystics are helping."

Kali pulled back her quilt and swung her legs out of bed.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, where are you going?" Cam asked.

"Where do you think?" Kali asked. "My Hellhound is bigger than all of them, and it can absorb attacks. I'm going to go help."

"You can barely stand," said Cam, catching her as she stumbled forwards. He turned her around and sat her back on the edge of the bed. "You need to rest. Besides, we talked about this, your Titan form absorbs magical attacks. What Lothor is fighting with is not Magic, you could get seriously hurt."

Kali huffed in annoyance. "Cam, listen to me," she said, meeting his gaze. "They don't have enough power to take down the wolfblades and Shimazu. They need me. In theory, they need us... and maybe even Chip and Maddie. Did Eithne call them yet?"

Cam shook his head. "She's probably doing it now," he said, as panic started to set into Kali's eyes. He grabbed her hands and held them together between them. "Hey! Talk to me, what's wrong?"

"I opened the gates to Hell on Shimazu, and he's still standing," said Kali, fear in her voice. "If that's not strong enough then what is?"

Cam swallowed as he stared at her. He could see where her fear was coming from, and he had to admit that she had a point, but he couldn't lose it in front of her. While he had seen Kali at her weakest before, he had never seen her so fragile and vulnerable, it was nerve-wracking.

"The others are back," said Claire, rushing into the room. "They're pretty beat up."

Kali stood and stumbled sideways into Cam. "Before you say it, I'm not staying in here," she said, catching the look on his face.