Answering the Call

Category: TV Show » Power Rangers

Author: Twix3780

Language: English

Rated: Fiction T

Genre: Fantasy/Family

Disclaimer: I don't own Power Rangers.

Author's Note: Hello! How is everyone? I hope you're all staying safe. To keep you from boredom, here is the second instalment in the Kali Briar series. I have decided to warp the chronological timeline of Powers Rangers around to fit my ideas, which is why Ninja Storm is coming after Mystic Force as opposed to before it.

There are several other changes I have made and am making to the timeline, also. Within this first chapter alone, there are five Easter Eggs for you to find. Each one is linked back to a different Ranger season. Can you find them all?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, have you seen this?"

Kali jumped as a newspaper was dropped in front of her. She had been studying more magical history while on her break at the Rock Porium. Looking up, Kali scowled at Xander as he sat on the stool beside her. "It's not like I'm busy or anything," she muttered.

"Sorry. But look, there's new Rangers," said Xander, poking the front page of the paper. "Overdrive Rangers in San Angeles."

"Okay, and I care why?" Kali asked. She picked the paper up and read the small inscription beneath the image. The Overdrive Rangers had just been seen saving the San Angeles city from weird lizard-like creatures.

Xander shrugged. "Don't you normally sense when evil is around?" he asked.

"This is in another state," said Kali. "My abilities don't extend that far."

"As far as you know."

Kali rolled her eyes and shoved the newspaper into his chest.

Xander chuckled. "You're the Hellhound," he said. "You have dominion over the whole spirit world. Surely you can sense a shift in the darkness. You were able to sense when darkness was approaching when we were Rangers."

"I could sense dark magic approaching," said Kali. "The Overdrive Rangers don't look to be using magic to me."

"True. But the creatures they're fighting look like they belong in the Mystic Realm."

Kali shook her head and turned back to her book. "Well, if they do, it's in a place where the Hellhound can't reach," she said.

"How was it meeting your grandparents for the first time?" Xander asked, changing the topic. He folded the paper and pushed it against the wall.

Kali huffed in response.

"That bad, huh?"

Kali's scowl hardened as she glared at her book.

"That bad," Xander confirmed. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"So something did happen?"

Kali turned her fierce glare onto her friend. "I swear if you keep talking I'm going to use my Hellhound abilities against you," she warned.

Xander whistled and held up his hands. "Definitely bad," he said.

Kali grit her teeth and grabbed her book.

"Where are you going?" Xander asked.

"Somewhere you aren't," said Kali, sliding from her chair and walking away. She crossed the store and headed outside, finding Matoombo and Vida sitting on the steps. The pair looked up as Kali approached, Vida's pink hair glinting in the afternoon sunlight.