Fun and Potions

Disclaimer: I solemnly swear I do not own Harry Potter or any characters that appeared in the books by JK Rowling. I do solemnly swear, if I could, I'd have a Taboo on the Epilogue. Miranda is mine.

Last chapter

Harry and Mr. Granger have a discussion and Mr. Granger becomes resigned to the fact that Harry is Hermione's choice and there's not much he can do about it. Hermione and her mother take Harry shopping for his new wardrobe. They have a nice dinner. The next day, they complete their knives. The chapter ends with Narcissa telling her sister that Draco is missing, and asking for help as she's concerned he will try to do something that will get him killed.

** June 29th 1996 **

It was well before six am on a chilly Saturday morning when the Granger's car backed out of their garage. A yawning, grumpy Richard Granger was behind the wheel as they started the four hour journey to Alton Towers. The weather was unseasonably cold. Though Harry and Hermione knew why, they'd decided it was not something they were ready to share with her parents. Remus, who'd come back from his mission to the werewolves had mentioned the constant presence of the Dementors was causing the reduction in temperature, even if they weren't close enough to cause the draining of happy feelings. It was one of the biggest concerns of the Order currently; getting to Dementor attacks and driving them away.

As the car started north toward Staffordshire, Hermione pulled out several books from her bag, opened one and started reading. Harry stared out the window at the passing scenery. He'd never been on a long car ride except when his uncle had been fleeing the Hogwart's letters. Then he'd been too scared to really enjoy what was to be seen. After an hour though, he finally started to lose interest at the various towns, fields and automobiles filled with other families going wherever they were going. He turned to Hermione who was deeply engrossed in her book. He reached over and picked up one of her other books and flipped it open.

Two hours into the drive, they stopped to stretch and to relieve themselves. Harry threw on his invisibility cloak and apparated back to the Granger's garage where he climbed into the Cabinet and shortly afterwards made his morning appearance at Grimmauld Place. That was their plan for the day; every couple of hours Harry would apparate back and make the Weasleys and the rest of Dumbledore's order think he was locked away in his room, when actually he was hours away having fun. Soon he was back in his room, two minutes later a small crack let Hermione know her husband had returned. He whipped off the invisibility cloak and they climbed back into the car for the rest of the journey up the motorway.

It was an excellent day to visit the amusement park. Not only was the chill in the air keeping many people away, but there was also a major benefits concert underway in Hyde Park for the Prince's Trust. With Eric Clapton and The Who leading the acts at the first open-air rock concert at Hyde Park in twenty years, many of the people who would have spent the day riding roller coasters were instead, headed to London to brave the cold to enjoy the concert. Of course, along with the hundred and fifty thousand people expected, almost the entire Auror department would be there as well, as would the Order. With that many people celebrating and having a great time, it would be like a flame to the Dementors.

After all that he'd experienced in his life, walking through the entrance of the park and down Tower Street was like a dream to Harry. It was more magical than magic itself was. Everything in this park was meant for one thing, fun. The music, the characters in costume, everything contributed to that feeling. Hand in hand with his wife, along with her parents he started exploring.

From that moment on, it quickly became one of the best days of Harry's life. A day he could forget about Voldemort, Death Eaters and all the memories of his friends' deaths that he shared with Hermione. It was a day that Harry Potter (wearing a hat to hide his scar) was just another young man enjoying time with his girlfriend and her family. By the end of the day, he couldn't believe Hermione had ridden the Nemesis with him, not once, but twice. In fact she'd ridden all of the roller coasters and other thrill rides, including Thunder Looper, Runaway Mine train, and a ride called Energizer that swung riders in a very nauseating fashion. He knew she was doing it for him and he paid her back by riding all of the rides she'd wanted to ride as well. Galloper's Carousel, the Swan Boat ride and the children's Squirrel Nutty's ride. They'd even took the time to wander The Gardens hand in hand. Jean Granger had had her camera out many times during the day, capturing rare pictures of her daughter smiling without a book in her hand.