Flightless Bird

-Watch Tower-

                                                                                  -Watch Tower-

Bolin: Ok I'm here now what?

Mystery voice: Now you just have to fly.

Bolin: Right... how do I do that?

Mystery Voice: You'll figure it out. *voice fades as it speaks*

Bolin: What do you mean I'll figure it out?!?! (silence) Hello? (quieter silence) You still there?

(silent silence? idk leave me alone)

Bolin: Great, just perfect (Bolin starts to pace back and forth rubbing his neck) Ok it's easy right? All I have to do is jump and fly, how hard can it be? I'm so gonna die *deep breath* ok here goes nothing.

(Bolin backs up to the edge of the tower and runs, he jumps and immediately starts plummeting to the ground.)

Bolin: Oh shoot! OH SHOOT!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(The doors to the Temple open and Tenzin runs out)

Tenzin: HOLD ON BOLIN I'M COMING!

(Tenzin catches Bolin using airbending just before he smashes into the ground. Bolin is 3 inches from a trip to the hospital)

Tenzin: Young man what is the meaning of this?

(Bolin tries to hide the glider behind his back but it's too big so Tenzin sees it anyway)

Tenzin: Is that *looks closer* MY FATHER'S AIRGLIDER!!!!!

Bolin: (Guilty and reluctantly) yes

Tenzin: YOU BETTER HAVE A GOOD EXPLANATION FOR USING A PIECE OF NATIONAL HISTORY AS A TOY, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF THE SEVERITY OF WHAT WOULD OF HAPPENED IF THAT GLIDER HAD BEEN DESTROYED!!!!

(Tenzin continues to lay into to the now terrified and regretful Bolin when from the temple Mako comes running right up to Tenzin)

Mako: Tenzin I'm sorry it's my fault I told him he could use it. 

Bolin: Wait wha- (interrupted by Tenzin)

Tenzin: Hmph If that's the case then I suppose an apology is in order, Bolin I'm sorry for shouting at you but you still shouldn't have used it now go and see Pema in the infirmary for any injuries you might have sustained now run along while I think of a suitable punishment for your brother here.

Bolin: Yes sir

(As Bolin walks off he looks back at his brother who is now being shouted at by Tenzin)

Bolin: *mouths* Thank you

(Mako doesn't respond except for a quick nod that unfortunately Tenzin notices)

Tenzin: ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME YOUNG MAN I AM TRYING TO LECTURE YOU ON THE DANGERS OF NOT KEEPING AN EYE ON YOUR BROTHER WHO CLEARLY HAS THE IQ OF AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL!!!

(As Bolin disappears into the temple Tenzin drops the act)

Tenzin: Mako I'm going to assume what you said was a lie

Mako: How could you tell?

Tenzin: I heard Bolin talking to himself in Korra's room, people always forget how thin the walls of the temple are haha.

Mako: Am I still getting a punishment?

Tenzin: For what?

Mako: For giving Bolin the task of (Tenzin starts to laugh) grabbing Korra's par... why are you laughing?

Tenzin: Why would I punish you for that, I knew you would be too busy to do the task and I knew you would pass the task to Bolin, that's why I was able to save him as I already knew he was going to use it.

Mako: Don't trick me like that, I actually thought you were going to hand me over to Beifong.

Tenzin: Haha No I would only do that to Korra, anyways i have an important meeting to attend so run along before I change my mind.