Chapter Eleven

11-Booster Day and Bourbon
Music- HoneyPie - JAWNY
————————————————————

11-Booster Day and BourbonMusic- HoneyPie - JAWNY————————————————————

————————————————————

PHOEBE POV

Yet another weekday planned for school but instead today was the day of the 'Booster Barbecue'. I honestly don't know why this town and school have so many events but hey, at least there's not much homework. I spent the morning, rushing to the local shop for some cupcakes as my Mom and myself had forgotten to bake some. Caroline had demanded me to make some for the fundraiser. I hopped out of the car with my cupcakes as my Mom waved bye before driving away. I spotted Caroline being her usual bossy self, ordering people around. I walk up to the cupcake stall, hoping to hide my store-cupcakes within the others. But at last, I was caught by blondie, "Those better not be store-bought." She said annoyed, I slowly turned around and smiled innocently before giving up. "I'm sorry, I didn't exactly have time with the events of yesterday." I referred to the full moon. She sighed before helping me unpack the cupcakes from the box, hiding the evidence. "Stay here and help." She ordered me before she walked off towards Tyler. I sighed before beginning to sell the baked goods.

After a few minutes of selling, I got very hungry and decided to pinch a cupcake. I sneakily tried to eat it but turned towards Caroline and Tyler with my mouth full of cake and frosting. Caroline glared at me as I grinned, them both holding in their laughter at me from a distance. I inhaled it quickly, almost choking on it. I wiped the cupcake off my face and hurriedly went back to selling the cupcakes, making sure not to get scolded by Caroline for eating another cupcake.

***************************************

It was now super dark outside with only the decorations and lamp-posts lighting the area. Caroline had put me on many different tasks, obviously first was the cake stall, then there was the pretzel stand and then finally trash duty. I think she realised near the end of the booster day that if she kept putting me on food stands, I would bankrupt the school fundraiser after eating too many cakes and pretzel. I was now stood in the cold, picking up rubbish and sighing every few seconds. I went over towards the dumpster and saw a bunch of police officers. I also spotted Damon and Elena in the middle of it, of course. I threw the rubbish away before walking over to them. "What's happened now?" I asked concerned. Damon then proceeds to tell me that Rose got out with her very bad wolf bite and killed the janitor. She is also still missing. "Oh god." I whisper to myself. We all split up to find Rose and after around ten minutes of searching, I receive a message from Damon saying he found her. Well that's a huge relief, who's idea was it to send me alone to search for a crazy vampire without any protection? Seeing as the fundraiser has ended during the chaos with all the police vehicles, I head over to the Mystic Grill for a snack.

I enter to only recognise one person, Alaric. I order some fries before heading over to him at the bar. "This seat taken?" I ask and he shakes his head. "So, the heart the wizard gave you, giving you trouble?" I joke and he looks at me confused, "Wizard of Oz? Come on, it's a classic." He laughs slightly, before ordering another drink. "Seriously though, all this supernatural drama, how do you handle it?" I ask and he shrugs, "It's a long story." I snatch his drink and take a gulp of it before he snatches it back. "What? If it's a long story, I'm going to need a drink." He sighs before replying, "You're like a female Damon." I act shocked, "I'll have you know, I haven't murdered anyone. But I do need an alcoholic teacher to be a therapist/father figure." I joke and he laughs a little. My fries finally appear before me. "So new to town and certain information?" He asks, referring to supernatural. "Yeah I didn't expect to move here and find out there's this whole other world I'm apart of."  I begin to inhale the fries, "I suppose another factor is being able to eat loads and barely gain a pound." I laugh as he continues to drink, "I see why Damon likes you as his drinking buddy so much. You're just so cuddly and welcoming." I state sarcastically and he chuckles, "Yeah, benefit of spending most of your life tracking down the vampire who killed your wife." I sigh, "Yikes, did you ever find them?" He laughs before replying, "It was Damon." Which caused me to choke on a fry. "Jesus, has he not killed someone you all know?" I ask rhetorically, "If I went through the list of people he's killed in mystic falls, it would be longer than his bar tab." I visibly grimace before finish my food and pay. "Well on that note, I shall see you later new teacher/therapist." I joke and he turns on the stool as I walk away, "If I was a therapist I should at least get paid." I ignore his comment and exit the grill, heading back home.