Chapter Seven

07- A shotgun celebration
Music- ThunderStruck / AC/DC
————————————————————

————————————————————PHOEBE POVOnce Damon and I got back to my house, the silence broke as we sneakily entered my bedroom

PHOEBE POV
Once Damon and I got back to my house, the silence broke as we sneakily entered my bedroom. "Ok, What was so important for you to pick me up right in front of Katherine?" Damon asks slightly irritated. After a couple of seconds of silence and confusion on my face, my eyes widen "That was Katherine Pierce? ...Wow they really do look alike." I comment mumbling. Damon just shakes his head at me and chuckles. "Anyways, I spoke to Mason Lockwood tonight and he told me how the werewolf curse is broken... I have to kill someone." I say feeling nervous. Damon becomes silent for a second. "Really? Well let's hope it doesn't come to the point where you kill someone... unless you want to, then I can totally help." I roll my eyes as I carry a large amount of books I took from Isobel's office and place them on my bed. Damon and I both sit together next to the pile of books. "I picked you up because we are going to look through these books to find more information on the curse." As I pick up an old book, Damon groans loudly and I quickly shush him and hand him a book. "So... this is a study date." He smirks at me sexily and I roll my eyes. "No it's not."

**************************************
It's the next morning and my alarm wakes Damon and I up. We were sprawled across the bed with books surrounding us. I groan and stand up. "When did we fall asleep?" I ask while yawning. Damon stands up and brushes his clothes down. "I don't know." He chuckles and smirks at me, I look confused at him before looking in the mirror, my hair is in a messed up bun, my face completely natural from no makeup and my jumper is all jumbled up and messy. I turn back towards him and pull a funny face at him. "Ok, you should go, I have to get to the historical society volunteer day soon." He pouts at me before vanishing out of the open window. I quickly stretch my arms and yawn before grabbing a quick cool shower. My outfit today consists of a cropped black, slim fit T-shirt, my leather jacket, a pair of high waisted jean shorts, snake earrings and a pair of black leather boots.

For my makeup today, I decided to do a natural eye shadow and a matte rose coloured lipstick. I chose to put my hair up in a stylish ponytail. I quickly grab my phone then head downstairs. Unfortunately, my Mom is at work today so she is unable to attend the volunteer event or drop me off. I have some breakfast hurriedly then begin to leave the house. I grab my house keys whist leaving through the front door. As I hurry down the concrete steps, I stop quickly when I see Damon sat in his convertible, smirking clearly up to no good. "What are you still doing here?" I ask raising an eyebrow. He doesn't answer my question, but just nods at me to get in the car. "You don't want to walk there do you?" he comments, smirking sinisterly at me whilst I jump in the car after hesitating for a few seconds.

When we get to the area that is supposed to be the new park soon, there is a large group of people listening to Carol Lockwood speak about the new park. We begin to walk over towards Stefan who just finished talking to Mason. Damon sneaks up behind Stefan, "What are you doing?" "Initiating peace on your behalf." Stefan replied unfazed by Damon. I stand there confused at what is happening, since I don't have super hearing and didn't hear Stefan and Masons conversation. "But I don't want peace!" Damon whines. " Well consider it opposite day." Stefan replies in his usual monotone. "Please don't think a handshake just solved our problem." Damon comments whilst moving in front of Stefan to make eye contact. "No I think, that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he is going to drive a stake through your heart then mine, all because you took it upon yourself to try and kill him because we don't have enough problems already." Stefan finishes then leaves to go to some work.