Chapter One ~ Act One

01- New Home
Music- Paradise / Coldplay
———————————————————
Mature Language ⚠️
Hope you all enjoy reading this! :)

*Even though I've recently published this, I've been writing it for a long time so please excuse any cringe plot lines*
———————————————————

*Even though I've recently published this, I've been writing it for a long time so please excuse any cringe plot lines*———————————————————

———————————————————
PHOEBE POV
The road we had been travelling on was long and bumpy. My mom and I have been alone since I was born, my father's death caused by a tragic car accident along with my brother. My mom was pregnant with me when it happened. We've moved from city to town to city over and over. From school to school I've been known as the loner girl who lost the majority of her family. I'm about to continue my junior year at a school in a town called Mystic Falls. Sounds weird if you ask me. I'm basically the girl in the class who guys think it is their duty to find stuff out about me. I wouldn't be surprised if i have a sign on my back saying 'Ask me about my past'. Meanwhile, girls think it's their duty to gossip about me and spread rumours. One of the main reasons we moved a lot is because of my anger issues and how I'm not afraid to tell people what I think. A lot of people seem to become hostile when they're told the truth. As I look ahead I see the town sign for Mystic Falls, I sigh "Yay we're here." I comment sarcastically. "Enough of that tone, this is one of the last schools that will accept you in the state so please just try to not get expelled before the end of senior year." My mom replies. Her name is Maria Accalia, the weird last name came from my dad. Anyway, my mom chose to come to Mystic Falls because of the school, but also because she got a great job opportunity to work as a doctor at the hospital nearby.

"Are you even listening to me?" My mom says annoyed. I look towards her "sorry what did you say?" She looks at me, sighs then smiles "I said our new house will be a little different to our previous places, this is a suburban town so get used to large spaces instead of a tiny cramped apartment." I nod "Ok, got it. Lots of luxury space." She laughs slightly and we park outside a perfect looking home. "Ok we are here." She says cheerfully. We both exit the car, I throw my denim jacket on due to the warm breeze. We both walk up the concrete path towards the front door. As my mom unlocks the door and swings it wide open, we both gasp at how amazing the place looks. "Damn mom, this place looks even better than what I was expecting!" I smile and explore the downstairs a little more. "Ok enough exploring, you can help me get the boxes out of the car..." Just as she says that, our rented moving truck pulls up "...and the truck too." She huffs and we exit the house walking towards the vehicles.

Once we have taken all the boxes and furniture out of the truck, onto the pavement, the moving truck drives away and I take a deep breath. "Let's get busy!" My mom says weirdly. I shake my head at my mom "No, too embarrassing." She starts laughing, "Mothers were made to embarrass their children. Now come on, grab a box and let's get going." She replies picking up a cardboard box labelled 'kitchen'. She walks away I begin picking up a box labelled 'Living room'. Once I begin walking up the porch steps, I see our new neighbours leaving their house. As I'm walking up the steps, the two stare at me, then the girl pushes the boy to keep moving. I shrug it off and walk into the house, dropping the box off in the living room then heading back outside for more.