A Trick Of The Mind

A Trick of the Mind:

I woke up the next morning so excited. I couldn't wait to hang with Danny.
I got dressed, I gathered all my school stuff, along with an extra shirt and shorts to go swimming in, and threw them in my bag. I went to the bathroom to put in my contacts, when I realized I was out. "Oh Bloody Hell" I yelled. "What," asked Brad, walking in to brush his teeth and precious hair. "I'm out of bloody Contacts" I said, showing him the empty container. "So just wear your bloody glasses" said Brad, spitting into the sink. "You're bloody kidding me right" I said. "No, what's with you normally you would just wear your bloody glasses without any issues" said Brad. "Ugh," I sighed. "Relax, I think mom picked up more yesterday," said Brad.

I took off running for mom who was in the kitchen. "Mom... Ouch" I yelled running into a wall. "I guess it's a good thing I picked up more contacts for you yesterday" Mom replied laughing. "Oh thank god you're a lifesaver" I said, taking them and running back to the bathroom.

Brad was no longer in the bathroom, thank god. I put in my contacts and did my hair. Then I went into my room and grabbed my makeup kit from my closet. That thing was buried under clothes, I thought I was never going to find it. I pulled a tube of lipstick out and put it on then, threw it all back in my closet. I grabbed my bag and purse, stuck my phone in my back pocket and was ready to walk out. I stopped at the mirror and looked at myself. It was nice to be able to look at myself and not be disgusted for once.

Till the voices started pointing out my flaws... "Gross look at you, you're too fat for those jeans", "A band shirt are you a guy or a girl" "one guy says something and you think you can get rid of us, not going to happen sweet cheeks, why don't you just go cut before you go to school just one little cut...."

"Rosette I'm leaving if you want a ride lets go" Yelled Brad interrupting the voices. I quickly walked out of my room shutting the door behind me. I ran outside and hopped in as Brad started up his car, I love the purr of Kelly, (Brad's Mustang). Nobody seems to appreciate a good car anymore, and this car was to die for. Kelly's a 1955 Ford Thunderbird Roadster and she is the prettiest shade of blue. I would kill my Brother if he ever sold Kelly.

As Brad pulled out of the Driveway, a smile appeared on my face, I managed to not let into the voices this morning. I know I'm pretty, not beautiful, but pretty no matter what anyone says. Now I'm on my way to school, I'll have the best day ever. Why? Because I have something to look forward to at the end of the day. No matter what happens today I'm not going to let it get to me. I'm just going to think about Danny and how I'm going to hang out with him later. I guess I must've been smiling pretty badly.

"Look miss rays of sunshine over there, I'm glad you're happy and all but maybe if you could stop smiling so big, you're making me sick," Brad said. I laughed "Sorry Brad," I said laughing, as we pulled in towards the school. "So why are you so happy today?" asked Brad as we pulled into a parking spot. "Oh no reason," I said, grabbing my stuff from the back. "Wait, are you wearing lipstick?" asked Brad. "Yea it's something girls wear, why do you want to borrow some," I said laughing. "No, I'm good," He said as we climbed out. I started to walk away, "Rosette," yelled Brad. "Yea," I said, turning around. "Tell that guy of yours he better treat you well," he said. "Thanks Brad," I said, smiling.

I walked inside, into the cafeteria and straight into Danny. "I'm so sorry Danny, I didn't mean to..." I said "It's alright Rosette, but look I gotta go, I'll catch you later" he said taking off. "Yep," I said, smiling.

#

The school day has only just begun and already I ran into Rosette, literally. I felt bad telling her I had to go and not talking but I really did. I had to get to Tyler and ask him what to do about Rosette. I spotted Brad walking down the hall, "Brad, you Seen Tyler?" I asked, trying to avoid eye contact with him. "Yea he said to tell you he's sorry something came up and he's not coming today, but he wants you to still go to the party tonight" he said. "Alright thanks" I said going into class.