Chapter 3: Burning

You had grown used to waking up in a cold sweat.

    It was practically part of your morning routine at this point. Wake up with a searing headache with the feeling that someone was trying to get into your mind, panicked and convinced you were in danger.

    But this was different. You were sweating because of pure burning desire.

    Your dreams were never like that: full of moans and gasps and touching. But last night they were and the worst part was Kylo had been involved.

He never left you alone and you were on this claustrophobic ship just because of him and now here he was, even fucking you in your dreams.

    You got out of bed with a groan, rolling your eyes at yourself. You'd have to be sure to keep that memory hidden. If Kylo knew you woke up this morning from a wet dream involving him you'd never be able to live it down.

    After a trip to the bathroom, you began pouring yourself a glass of water when you heard a knock on your door.

You waved your hand with a sigh, your force opening it.

When your door slid open, Hux was standing on the outside of it, a look on his face that made it seem like he smelled something bad. You were going to ask what was wrong but then you saw your guards on either side of him, weapons flexed into their hands in case they needed to use them.

You smirked slightly, finding it amusing as much as it was reassuring that your guards were loyal enough to threaten the General. "He's fine." You told the red armoured men who lowered their weapons in response.

"That's an understatement." Hux hissed, sending your men glares. "May I?" He asked, pointing to the inside of your quarters, voice laced with irritation.

You turned to the side, your way of telling him to go ahead and enter. You thought it was hilarious how wound up Hux always was, you wouldn't be surprised if he popped a vein one of these days. "To what do I owe the pleasure, Armitage?" You said to him, talking formally to mirror his overly stuffy demeanor.

"Your quarters are so small." He commented with a look of disgust on his face, glancing around, ignoring your question.

You frowned, thinking about it. Your quarters were definitely bigger back on the Supremacy but you assumed it was just because it was a bigger ship in general. "Really?"

"Yeah." Hux answered, shaking his head in thought. "Ren must've given you smaller arrangements on purpose...I can try to get you into the larger quarters. The same size I have." He offered, looking over at you.

You couldn't help yourself, searching his mind and sensing his emotions. He was earnest and honest, trying his best for you. It was sweet, a kind of attention you didn't receive from anyone else.

The size of your room wasn't something you particularly cared about. There was no need for you to have extra space. You had your bed and your bathroom and an area large enough for a small table and chair. Just the necessities. But, the thought of doing something that might irritate Kylo was too tempting.

"That would be really great." You said to him, a smile on your face. "I'd appreciate it." You said to him, your hand reaching out so that you could brush it against his elbow.

Hux physically jumped, surprised by the contact from you, skin turning red. "I mean, no guarantees. But I'll try my best." He told you, flustered. As the General, it wasn't rare for him to get attention from women on the ship. His power and his title made the girls almost flock to him. But he didn't actually care about them, they were disposable. You were different. You made him nervous.