Goodbye? I'll Come Back To You

We heard music. And several mice carry Reepicheep on a little stretcher making Lucy run over and put a drop of her healing cordial in his mouth.

"Oh thank you your Majesty.." he sees Aslan.

"Oh hail, Aslan. It is a great honor to be-.." he tried to bow but he stumbles and realizes his tail is missing. "I am completely out of countenance I must crave you indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion. Perhaps a drop more?"

He looks at Lucy.

"I don't think it does that."

"You can have a go."

"It becomes you well small one." Aslan says.

"All the same, great king, I regret that I must withdrawal. For a tail is the honor and glory of a mouse."

"Perhaps you think too much of your honor, friend."

"Well it's not just the honor. It's also great for balance, and climbing, and grabbing things."

"May it please your high Majesty we will not bear the shame of wearing an honor denied to our chief."

Aslan laughed. "Not for your honor, but for the love of your people." His tail grew back.

"Oh look. Thank you, thank you, my liege. I will treasure it always. From this day foreword, it will serve as my greatest reminder of my huge humility."

"Now where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" Aslan asked.

Trumpkin looks nervous as he slowly walks over. Aslan roars making Trumpkin jump.

I can't help the laugh that tumbled from me as I buried my face in Caspians chest trying to quiet myself.

"Do you see him now?"

We headed back to the Telmarine castle. Fireworks going off as we entered.

Caspian flagged a few people. "Can we get our quests some rooms."

They nodded as they have most of the group follow them. I stayed with Caspian as we walked around for awhile, my hand resting on his arm.

"I should let you go get cleaned up and get some sleep." He spoke softly his hand falling to my waist.

"Shouldn't I be saying that to you? You are being crowed tomorrow after all."

"I don't know if I'm excited or nervous."

"You'll be a great king. Believe me." I grinned at him brushing some hair out of his eyes.

"Let me escort you to your room."

I smiled as he offered his arm. I gladly took it. I quickly cleaned up and fell asleep and for once I slept through the night. I woke in the morning and got dressed. His coronation was wonderful and much like our own. Aslan approached him later. And he took off to gather his people. I saw Peter and Susan a little while later with Aslan and they weren't happy.

I found Celeste and she smiled upon seeing me.

"How long will you be staying?"

"I'm not sure. I never want to leave. Narnia feels like home to me."

"I don't want you to leave and neither does Caspian."

We were interrupted by Caspian himself.

"Come on you two it's time."

We followed him.

"Narnian belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarines who want to stay and live in peace are welcome to. And for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the lands of our forefathers."