Chapter Twelve

Harrison wondered when Bellatrix would make her move. He assumed a cowardly attack from behind, or perhaps she would try and take on one of his servants… Severus for example, since she never seemed to have liked him from the start.

He didn't expect this.

"A duel?" he repeated, looking at the woman.

"A duel!" she said, sneering. "You and me… until one falls unconscious, or dead!"

"Is that so? Fine."

Voldemort looked between the two of them. Harrison tilted his head.

"Unless you disapprove, Voldemort," he said.

"No, no, I don't," he said. "Go have your duel. But remember this, Bellatrix; you asked for it. No one will save you."

"Tell that to him, my lord," Bellatrix said. "That bastard!"

"Completely unoriginal," Harrison said. "I've been called a bastard since I was twenty-two. Are you alright with no wand on my side?"

"Yes!"

"Good, because I'm not quite sure where it is right now. Do you know, Lucian?"

The man shook his head. "Probably in the attic. Everything you lose tends to end up there eventually."

"Let us go outside," Voldemort said. "I believe Bellatrix wants her duel sooner than later, and I for one don't want my manor destroyed."

"Quite right so, my dear," Harrison said. "It's annoying having to fix it over and over again."

"That should teach you not to duel inside," Lucian said.

"Hush you; you're as bad as me on that front."

Death Eaters had already gathered, and they followed outside. Some sneered at the Nightmare Lord, others seemed nervous. Bellatrix walked with confidence, and Harrison wondered exactly why. She should to some degree be aware of his power. Was she completely clueless, or in full denial? Either way, this was perfect. She would be humiliated and learn never to mess around with him again. Or he could kill her. Which one?

Killing her would get rid of any future problems with her, but that wouldn't humiliate her in front of the Death Eaters who knew her as a very powerful witch in her own right… Harrison smiled. It would be worth future troubles to see her beaten down.

Bellatrix readied herself, wand up. Harrison simply bowed before her, watching as the Death Eaters along with Voldemort and Lucian moved backwards and put up shields.

"Crucio!"

He flicked his hand and the Crucio went flying up in the air, away from them all. Bellatrix responded with a series of non-verbal spells while running. Harrison didn't move. He took their brute force and flicked them away once more, smiling at her. Bellatrix didn't break her stride but came closer, firing off more spells. Harrison took a step back and braced for them, stopping their magic with his own and the spells shattered before him.

Then he let his magic flow out and flicked his hand to the side. Bellatrix was sent flying. The Death Eaters scattered so the ring around them was broken. He began to walk over to where she had landed.