Chapter Seven

The attack on Hogsmeade was the return of Voldemort's full forces that Albus had feared for years. It was also a grand opportunity to point out the evilness of the man, and how he deserved no mercy. Voldemort needed to die.

It was time to start train Harry for the task.

But first they needed to recover from the attack. Albus walked into the Great Hall that had been temporarily turned into an infirmary, as the one existing in the school wasn't big enough for all the injured villagers. Some had been sent to St Mungo's but many of them weren't that severely injured.

James and Lily came walking up to him.

"Are you two alright?"

"Yes," James said. "We may have suffered loss but they won't triumph over us."

"No, they will not," Albus said. "We must remain strong."

"Albus, have you seen Severus?" Lily asked. "I've asked around but no one's seen him."

Albus frowned. "Perhaps he was called by Voldemort, Lily. You know how valuable his information about the dark is to us."

"But to go without saying anything…"

"Lily, I don't get it why you're so concerned about him," James said. "He's an adult."

"He also chose to serve the wrong man," Lily said. "And now he's trying to make up for it, by risking his life every time he goes there. Of course I worry about him."

It had been three hours since the attack. Could Severus be with Voldemort? Albus didn't want to lose the information Severus brought. Of course he couldn't afford to care about the potions master, something that Lily did too much. Albus wouldn't tell her of a spy's usefulness. It ended the moment the war did. Severus would be a loose thread that Albus would have to cut off once Voldemort was dead.

"I'm quite sure he will show up," Albus said gently.

"Quite sure?" Lily said. "Albus, over three hours. It's been over three hours. Why would he go to Voldemort without warning?"

"Perhaps he did not have time."

"He didn't even seem to know about the raid!" she hissed. "What if he got called there and Voldemort decided to… kill him?"

"I assure you, Lily, there is no need for concern."

The deep voice made them all jump, and spin around. Severus gazed on each of them. Albus saw James gape a little, and a question of why floated through his head before his attention was on Severus once more.

"Severus! Were you called by Voldemort?" Lily asked.

"No," he said. "Nor, as you all know, was I contacted about this attack."

"Then where have you been?" Albus asked.

"In the village. I was knocked unconscious, and woke just a few minutes ago."

"Better have Poppy check you over then."

"Nonsense, Albus. I was merely struck in the head," Severus said. "There are those having far worse injuries than that. I won't waste her time. Something wrong, Potter?"