Chapter Six

Harrison stepped through Voldemort's wards, and the man's manor was revealed. Harrison stopped and blinked a few times. He looked behind him where Elise and Lucian had stopped after entering after him.

"Well, I must say they were very well made," he mused. "I wouldn't have noticed a bloody manor outside them."

"Still, it was easy to take down," Elise said.

"That's because you are you."

"What's that supposed to mean, master?"

"It means you see some wards, and you just have to break in," Harrison stated. "You bad, bad girl."

Elise shrugged. Lucian shook his head at them both. Harrison smiled and started to move again. He had no weapons with him, only a silky, black robe that had been waiting for him after his bath. As he had feared, most of his clothes had been destroyed when no one attended to them. A few was apparently salvageable, but he still had to go shopping after this.

As for carrying neither weapon nor a wand, Harrison had no need for either of them. He had no great love for his old wand, and even if he had a second wand he felt it unnecessary to use it since he could fight well without wands. Very well in fact.

Stepping up to the doors of the manor, Harrison stopped once more. Beyond the doors, if the man was home, awaited a Dark Lord. Well, Harrison could be considered a Dark Lord too. Perhaps one of the first ones. But it was a Dark Lord he hadn't had a very good relationship with. Voldemort had in Harrison's childhood tried to kill him. Something had obviously changed with this time, with James being alive, so it was highly possibly this Voldemort never disappeared on that Halloween night.

He turned to Elise and Lucian again.

"Should I knock?" he said. "I've heard it's polite."

"Since when are you polite, master?" Lucian asked.

"Oh... well... you do have a point there."

Harrison pushed the doors open instead, thinking that he would find out what the man's past was, and how much things had changed. It was actually quite fun, not knowing the future. Had he known the answers beforehand, it would be quite boring wouldn't it?

-o-

Voldemort was alone when he felt the magical signature that let him know someone was in his home. Someone who had passed the wards without the Dark Lord noticing it, and was now in his bloody home. Voldemort moved silently and swiftly down to the front hall, wand ready.

He wasn't exactly prepared for what awaited him. A whole group was what he had expected, people ready to kill him, people already spreading out to find him.

But no, it wasn't so. All that was in his front hall was three people, two men and one woman. The man furthest into the hall seemed like a leader over the other two, and when spotting Voldemort, he smiled. In a not particularly friendly way. More like a predator. A very hungry predator. Voldemort raised his wand.

"Who the hell are you?" he asked.

"Hello there."

"Who. Are. You?"

"Alright, alright, I'm getting to it. I was just raised properly and wanted to apologize for just barging inside."