☼ 1.1

BACK IN SESSION

Meg was drumming on her locker with her new sticks— 5A Nylon's

Meg was drumming on her locker with her new sticks— 5A Nylon's. As she tapped out the beat to Moby Dick by Led Zeppelin, very badly might Solis add, the two stood in the hallway watching the students buzz with excitement at seeing their "friends" that they probably haven't bothered to contact all summer.

Solis laid her head on her own locker, holding the guitar strap, around her shoulder, a little bit tighter. She had always carried her guitar with her, often strumming notes in class and pissing off her fellow peers.

Her group of friends didn't care much about what their classmates thought, though. Solis could remember seeing tweets about her many times— from Yasmine or Kyler or whatever other Encino prick that had something to say. But, she never paid much mind to what others had to say about her... she knew she could scare anyone of those assholes just by giving them a glance.

That was the one good thing about being labeled a "freak". It wasn't like the nerdy kids or the drama geeks that had to suffer the humiliating degradation without any chance to stand up for themselves. No, being a freak was different. The rich kids were often too scared to look at them too long, in the fear that their stench of cigarettes would rub off on them.

"Where the fuck is Ash?" Meg asks impatiently, as the tapping had become incoherent. "She's supposed to be bringing me a coffee."

Solis shrugged, not able to muster up enough energy for a response this early in the morning. Ash was always late, everyone knew this, so why her friend Meg was complaining was beyond her.

"If she's not here in ten minutes I'm out. I can't be late to homeroom again this year or Counselor Platt will make me join that stupid nerd-film club as some kind of punishment," she grumbled, drumming harder on the metal lockers.

A throat clearing brought the two girls attention away from the banging though, and instead towards a pale boy grasping at his books for dear life. "You really shouldn't do that. You could damage school property and could get you in serious trouble," he stated, matter-of-fact, while his friend stood beside him— cringing at the interaction.

Meg only laughed at this, pulling herself away from the locker that now clearly belonged to the geeky kid.

"Is that so?" She mocked him. Meg had been in dozens of detention, even many suspensions, so she found this humorous... the kid being worried about "school property".

He nodded slowly, a little less certain of himself this time. "Well that- and that's my locker. I would appreciate if you didn't dent it..." he said hesitantly. "At least more than you already have."