18

Slowly cracking your eyes open, a quiet groan was released as you look around at your surroundings, dawning on you that were not in the cave with Aphrodite from a moment ago

 you were in an entirely different location.

"Where am I?" you mumbled to yourself, looking around and noticing all of the intricate furniture and design in the hallway.

"I have already told you to leave, now get out of my sight before I make you regret it!"

A chill ran down your spine from the sudden slam of the door that echoed through the hall, causing you to quickly stand up from the ground.

What was that?

As you were about to walk down the hall, you noticed another sudden figure turning the corner, causing you to let out a gasp from surprise. You quickly looked all around the hall to find a secure spot to hide in, however, nowhere seemed to be big enough to cover you.

"I hate that bastard."

You looked up towards the direction of the voice to see a younger male, around 10 years old briskly striding down the long hallway. He seemed to be a part of a royal family as he wore a golden crest that shone brightly on his uniform. However, his expression had shown that he is not to be taken lightly with, as his eyes were swollen, almost as if he had been crying for more than a couple of days.

Knowing that there was no way out for you to hide or escape, you quickly got on your knees on the floor with your head low, ready to release a string of apologies.

"I am so sorry for intruding, please spare me!" you quickly begged, your head remaining down on the floor. However, you felt a sudden breeze of cold air fly past you, causing you to slowly lift your head up from the ground.

"What-" your words trailed off, now seeing that there was no one who was standing in front of you.

"Dae, are you down there?"

You heard a voice coming from the other direction, causing you to turn around and face behind from where you were sitting. Your eyes slightly widened as you saw the boy continuing to walk down the hall, not seeming to notice your presence at all.

"Hello!" you shouted out down the hall, wondering it if would catch his attention once more.

Nothing.

The boy continued to walk down the hall before turning right and into another room, now leaving you alone in the hall. You quickly got up from the ground before slowly making your way over, to where the boy had walked off to, following him into a secluded room.

"Hades, I understand this was a difficult decision but you must be careful-"

"Stop. I know what I am doing."