16

"You can do it Persephone!"

Yelling out a loud groan with all of the energy and solaura left in you, a small, weak orb began to form right before vanishing into thin air. Tired from all of the training, you took a seat down on the ground before bringing your knees close to your chest, your expression glum.

"Persephone what happened, are you alright?"

Looking up, you saw Hades approaching closer towards you, his expression showing worry. Shaking your head in sheer disappointment, you brought your face back into your knees as you felt Hades shift around before sitting down to join you on the ground. 

"I can't do this" you muttered out, noticing Hades' expression soften as he looked at you. He reached down to grab at your trembling hand, giving you his warmth in hopes of calming you down.

"I understand, it has been a long time since we were kids that you were able to use your powers" Hades paused his words, looking at you before giving you a warm smile. 

"It will take time, and I promise to be here with you every step of the journey." You looked up at Hades, a small grin coming to your face as well before shifting your body over to lean closer to Hades.

"Thank you" you whispered, now wrapping your arms around Hades' body before feeling him return the same action. 

"Both of you are not alone in this journey either."

Hearing a sudden voice coming from behind, you turned your head around to see all of your friends nearby. You pulled away from Hades before standing up on the ground, a wide smile on your face as you turned to look at every one.

"All of you guys are here" you beamed, feeling Aphrodite's hands wrap around yours before giving you a nod with a wide smile, the others around her joining in as well.

"Aphrodite is right, you and Hades are not alone in this battle" Ares spoke out from the side, the others nodding in approvement.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let us train!" 

* * *

"Give me your best shot Hermes, show me what you got" Ares taunted out to the shorter male, his chest puffing out in dominance, his eyes sharp with confidence while he had a smirk on display. On the other hand, Hermes gave Ares' a frown while rolling his eyes at his bold cockiness. 

"I am going to make you eat your words" Hermes grumbled to himself, clicking his heels together to prepare his winged shoes.

"Yeah, yeah. Enough talking just fight me already-" before Ares could finish what he was going to say, a sudden strong gust of wind blew past his body, causing him to slightly lose balance. He whipped his head up to see Hermes standing there with a devious grin, a loud teasing chuckle emitting from his chest.

"How will the fierce Ares now fight without his spear?" Hermes held up the stolen spear in the air with pride, watching as Ares' smirk fell flat from his sudden trickery and quick movements.