04. newt

⋆ ˚。⋆ ✧────────────✧⋆。˚ ⋆

( chapter four. )

newt

⋆ ˚。⋆ ✧────────────✧⋆。˚ ⋆

3 months later

"I thought you and Violetta had finished... that thing!" Eviana Prewett, a best friend of mine, run after me at one of the corridors at the Auror Department. She run so fast that the paper planes that delivered our messages inside the Ministry, could barely evade her.

"Yes, Evie, you should shout a little louder indeed, so the entire bloody Ministry could hear!" I hissed back at her over my shoulder. Then, I sighed and slowed down so she could catch up with me.

"And what does Cy think of all this?" Eviana frowned as she blew out a pair of black strands of hair from her mouth, that were tangled from the running.

"You know Cygnus doesn't care," I waved as if there really was nothing to bother with. Ever since I kissed my brother's fiancée again that night, it hasn't happened again. That is, until a week ago when Violetta got home very, very upset from work and Cygnus wasn't there to comfort her. I actually needed someone to brighten my day - actually every day, so... it happened once again.

And Eviana... was in utter shock, to say the least, and expressed her concerns. As she did, every single time.

I've known the Prewett girl since I was a kid, and we've been friends ever since we were both put into House Ravenclaw by the Sorting Hat as First Years. Since her family was pureblood just like the Black family, we had met at every existing event, party, and gathering since we were children, but we weren't real friends until Hogwarts, just... acquaintances. Then we realized we had more in common than we ever thought.

Until the age of eleven, I saw Eviana as a receptive, elegant and perfect girl who sits with her back straight in her chair, says thank you for the food with a barely visible smile and doesn't slurp loudly when she is drinking tea. But the truth was that this girl had been oppressed by her parents all her life, and as an only child, she always had to live up to expectations. But every time she messed up something minor, she prayed to Merlin to forgive her sins. I have never seen a wizard or witch pray like this.

All her life she felt like she was a shame, a disgrace, but the truth is... She was really more perfect than anyone I know. And she always felt like she didn't really belong in Ravenclaw. When she lost an hour in her thoughts because she was drawing on the edge of a parchment. When she was late from the first class of the day because she stayed up all night to read a book that no one else cared about... but her.