03. sister(-in-law)

⋆ ˚。⋆ ✧────────────✧⋆。˚ ⋆

( chapter three. )

❝  sister(-in-law)   ❞

⋆ ˚。⋆ ✧────────────✧⋆。˚ ⋆

IT WAS CLEAR, EVEN NOT LONG after my birth, that I'm not just an usual Black daughter. My baby blonde hair never darkened, so this was the first detail why they thought I was different.

Why I thought I was different.

My siblings all got sorted into Slytherin, which they always viewed as the family house,  and my siblings... they were all proud to wear our name and they continued the Black legacy, just as proudly. At the age of eleven, when I got to wear the Sorting Hat at the Sorting Ceremony – right after my twin brother, Cygnus got sorted into Slytherin, naturally –, the magical Hat shouted the name of Ravenclaw. 

Maybe these are why my father treated me harsher and harder than any of his children.

Or maybe he treated me differently because I had a great relationship with my older brother, Phineas. We were crazy alike, we understood each other better than anyone else out of the family. Even with the fact that he was years older than me. And my father disowned my brother. So maybe Papa expected... me to be the next. Because I took after Phineas so much.

For a while, I was actually really close to ... get my name and my picture burned out on the family tree tapestry in our home.

Toujours pur. Stay always and forever... pure. Papa constantly told us this when we were kids.

But Mama... Mama said something different to me. Fine china. The kind of china which is the gem of the holiday table. The perfect accessory, the cherry on top, the one that show the quality of aristocracy. A tiny movement can fracture it though, cause it to vitiate. But if the owner takes care of it... the china lasts forever. Because it has perfect size, perfect shape, perfect ornamentation. Not too ostentatious, but magnificent and elegant.

It always stayed with me that my mother said that... A fine china is an essential accessory for a household.

Mama swored me that I always stay a fine china.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about this after. Porcelain that needs gentle touch, it must be treated delicately. But it always remains only and will be treated as what it was born for. An object.

The House of Black had always been recognizable by the nobility, the air swinging around them... us, overcrowded pockets, and the expensively sewn robes. And the most important thing at all times was to keep our family, our blood, clean. Pure.