blush

I woke up multiple times that night. I couldn't sleep.

I instead read about the town of Bath. It's glamorous balls and hidden lovers. Mr. Darcy's character had been developing and I am in shock. He is so sweet. I close the book because any guy in real life can't ever live up to him. THE LETTER. I thought I should just save myself the disappointment and stop reading.

After a while I slip into unconsciousness. You know when your floating for a while but not asleep. I did that for most of the night. Hovering but not quite there. Once I finally fell asleep it felt like 5 minutes before I was woken by my stupid alarm. God I hate that sound. But I needed to get up and drink coffee. At the mention of coffee my brain jumpstarts. Mhm coffee. I check the clock it's 6:45. I need to get up to catch the 7:30 train. It seems like I have 45 minutes. I don't, it slips away so fast.

I roll out of bed to decide my outfit. I wanted to make an impression. After a while and I decided no one will really remember me the first day, so I grabbed my Queen Graphic tee, Ripped jeans and doc martens. (You can change anything but the Queen tee, that has a part later.) I brushed my hair to lie (semi) straight. I do the same routine as yesterday to accentuate my still plain features.

I go into the kitchen to drink my wonderful coffee. I swear sometimes I have more coffee than blood in my body. I eat cereal (Cinnamon Toast Crunch always). I brush my teeth. I grab my backpack and a cereal bar, making sure to carefully place my already beaten up volume of Jane Austen and my headphones in my bag.

I rush downstairs to get to the subway on time. I run into a almost full cart. After making it in, I sit down trying to catch my breath. This was my first time taking it (Ooooh). Yeah yeah that's what she said. I try to calm down by listening to a lil bit of the Ramones (playing I Wanna be Your Boyfriend).

As I try to calm my racing mind I try to think of some possible scenarios. First scenario, no one will like me and exile me (again). Second scenario, I can make a solid group of friends that don't really interest me. When I was thinking of scenarios the boy from yesterday popped into my head. He looked nice and very hot. "WOAH WOAH WOAH. What did you say?" My rational brain pops in. "Nothing I swear." "You said HOT. Since when did we talk like that." "I don't know but it fits?" "That's not the point-" "HA gotcha." My intrusive brain interrupts proudly. "But still hot? Thats not in our vocabulary." My rational brain trying to reason. "It is now." (My rational brain fighting with my intrusive one)

Whatever back to it, he was very nice looking. Also he liked Star Wars which is always a plus. I wonder who his friends are? What classes he has? "Fan behavior much?" They both reply in unison. Great both of my brains just tag teamed me. Well great this day will go fine and it will end. And at the end of the day you can be proud that you made it through. "Yeah keep lying to yourself buddy."

I try not to think as I start to listen to Freddie Mercury's legendary vocals on I want to break free, knowing all the words. After 5 minutes we arrive at my stop. I get up shakily wondering if I should turn back... No I have to do this it will only complicate things more if I don't go. I emerge from the underground with determination. I try to walk confidently into the imposing building. That is one intimidating building... It's just a building get over it. I start to walk up the steps of the stem school trying to spot possible friends or enemies. As I'm looking around I see that everyone's a nerd, even the popular kids. Everyone seems to have some sort of tech in their hands. Ok... so this won't be that hard? I keep walking trying to find the office when I get tapped on the shoulder.

"You look lost? Can I have a picture?" said a girl with chaotic curly black hair.

"What?"

"Oh yeah, I like drawing peoples panic faces. It's a new series I started... so can I have a picture.?"