Valentine's Day

"It's really not that special of a day," Dean explained as he finished putting some wet clothes into the dryer. His orange cat, Biscuit, jumped on top of it and pressed his face against Dean, nuzzling him.

"Nonsense!" Thor argued as he leaned against the washing machine and looked at Dean as if he had a second head sprouting from his shoulders. "An entire day devoted to lovers? That sounds like a glorious day!"

Dean chuckled. "I can see where you might think so. But it's really just a ploy to sell candy, roses and cards. And for restaurants to get more business. It's all about money."

Thor shook his head and reached for Dean's waist, pulling him toward him. "I won't hear this cynicism. This will be my first time celebrating the day. And it will be our first Valentine's Day."

Dean gave into Thor's enthusiasm as he smiled down into his face, his stormy blue eyes filled with mirth. It was hard not to get excited about things he took for granted when Thor found them so captivating and new. "Okay, I give. What would you like to do?"

Thor shook his head. "That, Fair One, is for you to find out." He planted a kiss on Dean's forehead and then his lips before turning and walking out of the laundry room.

"Where are you going?" Dean asked.

"I must research this holiday more."

Dean shook his head and chuckled to himself as Thor left the house they shared.

"So, you see, I want to celebrate Valentine's Day with Dean. I thought you might be able to tell me more of the customs," Thor explained as he stood before the other Avengers.

"I wouldn't be much help," Steve said with a wistful grin. "The only person who would have been my Valentine is now in her eighties."

Thor looked at Bruce and Natasha expectantly.

Bruce coughed and then looked to Natasha. "Um. What do you think of Valentine's Day, Tasha?"

"Valentine's Day is stupid," Natasha bluntly spoke. "It's a money-maker holiday."

"I'll just, uh, send back those roses then," Bruce whispered to Steve.

Natasha continued her tirade. "Do you really need a holiday to show Dean how much you love him?

Thor considered her words. "Yes, I agree. I show Dean my love for him every day. Many times each day."

"Yeah," Tony chuckled. "And many times each night. Which is why the place got so quiet when the two of you decided to go and play house. I guess that's why Dean is usually so quiet? He saves it for when he's with you."

Thor regarded Tony with a smug grin. "If you were able to hear him during our nights together it's a testament to my skill as a lover."

Tony folded his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes. "Just because you can make your boyfriend scream doesn't mean you're a great lover. I've made plenty of ladies scream in my day."

Clint reached over and socked him in the arm. "I think they probably screamed for a different reason, man."

At that moment, Pepper walked into the room and approached the group. "What's going on?" she asked.

Bruce smiled. "Thor was just asking us about Valentine's Day since he's never celebrated it before."

"Not that he's missing much," Natasha added.

Pepper's face lit up. "I love Valentine's Day!" she squealed. "Are you taking Dean somewhere special for dinner? Did you make reservations yet? Did you order the roses? And what about the gift?"