Filthy When That Asgardian Liquor Get Into Me (NSFW)

A/N: "The Way Old Friends Do" is a song performed by ABBA and written by Benny Anderson and Bjorn Ulvaeus. A lesser known gem that always makes me think of my best friends. My friends and I always joke that it's the gay version of "Friends in Low Places".

It was Friday night and Avengers' Tower was the place to be. Anyone who was anyone was in attendance for the massive party Tony Stark had arranged. The guest list was an eclectic mix of people who vied for the chance to party among the Avengers. Though they sometimes met criticism, the Avengers were widely-regarded as a necessity due to their ability to handle things that standard military and police forces couldn't. It helped, of course, that the Avengers were also regarded as cultural icons. You couldn't really go anywhere without seeing someone with Tony Stark-inspired facial hair. Men grew their hair long like Thor. The must-have toys of the holiday season were toy versions of Iron Man's gauntlets, Cap's shield, Thor's hammer, and Hulk's fists.

"It's official that we've arrived, I guess," Dean Allen said as he finished getting ready for the party, spritzing a light mist of cologne.

"You mean the Big Four have arrived," Natasha corrected him.

"I'm sure there will be a Black Widow action figure or a Mongoose play sword some day," Dean replied in a skeptical voice.

"Honestly, I don't mind it," Natasha said as she applied some lipstick and made a kissing face at the mirror. "I like flying under the radar."

Dean had to admit that he felt the same way. As former S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, they, along with fellow Avenger Clint, were used to doing things behind the scenes. Needless to say, being thrust into the spotlight along with the others was a bit of a shock to the system.

"It's kind of hard to fly under the radar when you're boyfriend is the god of thunder and prince of Asgard," Dean said as he took one last look in the mirror and patted his short, neatly styled blond hair.

"It's probably nice that he's larger than life since you're so introverted though," Natasha reasoned.

Dean smiled. Larger than life barely described Thor, in so many ways.

"You smile a lot more now that you're dating him," Natasha assessed. "Not that I think you need him to make you happy, since you were pretty happy before."

Dean had to agree. Ever since he'd met Thor for the first time in New Mexico, their relationship had evolved from the initial hostility into a warmer and deeper connection. Dean had to laugh whenever he thought about ever being reluctant with Thor.

"What are you two kids talking about?" Clint asked as he sauntered into the room and checked his bow tie.

Natasha rolled her eyes and stepped up to help him with it. "Oh, nothing . We were just talking about what it's like to be Avengers. All of the additional attention. Stuff like that."

Clint scoffed. "Attention? Us? The Big Four overshadow us by a light-year. Not that I'm complaining. But we're kind of the knock-off versions."

Dean laughed heartily. "We're kind of like that meme- what you ordered versus what came in the mail."

Natasha and Clint were in stitches alongside him as Thor walked into the room. His large frame was dressed in a fitted black tux and Dean momentarily forgot what he had been saying when he caught sight of how great his boyfriend- man friend?- looked. The suit hugged his muscular frame perfectly and displayed every curve and bulge. Dean couldn't take his eyes off of him. Of course, Thor could wear a garbage bag and make it sexy.

"What are you three laughing about?" he asked as he walked up to Dean and drew him in close.

"We were just talking about what it's like to be the lesser-known Avengers," Clint said as he swatted Natasha's hand away from his bow tie. "I can do it! You're worse than Laura!" he teased.