Chapter 2 | Gossip

Adrienne and Marinette both jumped and ran to the window to see an Akuma throwing exploding balls around. They seemed to cover anything they hit with graffiti.

Adrienne grabbed her hand and pulled her away from the wall just as one of the balls went flying through the window, shattering the glass. Marinette looked up to see Adrienne in front of her, blocking some of the glass with her body which sliced her dress in several places. The ball was beeping slowly, not urgent but getting faster.

"Adrienne, are you hurt?" She patted Adrienne up and down checking for injuries and Adrienne just looked at her and smirked. "I'm fine, come on, I got to get you to safety" Adrienne grabbed her hand again and pulled her out of the room, the ball beeping quickly now before exploding, caking the room in graffiti as they barely escaped. She wanted to protest being pulled around but it was Adrienne and her hands were incredibly soft. How could she complain about that?

They ran down the stairs out of the classroom to see most of the students were standing in the atrium of the school. They all were listening to the explosions as the Akuma seemed hell-bent on covering the entire outside of the school in graffiti. Marinette watched as Adrienne looked around the room before finding Nino and Alya. She ran over to them, letting go of Marinette's hand in the process.

"Hey, I'm going to check around the school and make sure nobody else is hurt." Nino looked her up and down with wide eyes but Alya beat him to it.

"Girl, what happened to your dress? It's torn to shreds." Marinette looked down at her dress and the rips from before seemed to widen from the running. Adrienne just shrugged. "Glass, no big deal, I'm not hurt. I'll meet up with you guys later." She didn't wait for a reply before she ran off towards one of the classrooms. Marinette thought for a second before running off in the other direction, to one of the classrooms. "I'm going to check these rooms, for uhhhh people!" She called over her shoulder before disappearing into one of the rooms and crouching down. Tikki floated out of her bag and Marinette nodded at her.

"Tikki Spots ON!"

A flash of pink filled the area and Ladybug stood up. She looked around the room before seeing a window large enough for her to fit through. She smirked and ran over to it, flinging it open and jumping out. She threw her yoyo mid-air and started swinging around the school, looking for the Akuma. She landed on the roof of a nearby house before glancing around the city.

"Hello beautiful" She looked behind her to see Chat Noir was leading on her staff, hands folded on the top with her chin resting on them, staring at her, smile wide. "You look pawsitively radiant today." Ladybug rolled her eyes at the pun.

"You say that most days." She smirked back. Chat Noir leaned off her staff and put her hand on her chest. "I must tell the truth, my lady." Ladybug stood up and walked over to her. "Well do you know where the Akuma went?" Chat smirked and nodded back towards the trail of graffiti that was behind her. Ladybug smirked as she looked past the leather-clad hero and looked back at Chat. "Race ya?" Chats' eyes gleamed and her smile went full Cheshire. "You're on!" and immediately turned to start running, following the trail across the streets of Paris. Ladybug chuckled before chasing after her.

They chased the Akuma all the way across Paris, the trail of graffiti making him easy to track. They made quick work of him once they cornered him, the pair working like a well-oiled machine. But it didn't go completely without complication as Chat walked over to her, her hair and costume completely covered in graffiti. Ladybug couldn't stop laughing at the colorful display as she helped the de-evilized guy up.

"Hey you're looking a bit green today, you okay?" Ladybug said through giggles. Chat frowned at her, her paint-covered face making it really hard to look angry. "Can you just cleanse the city? This stuff sucks." She sniffed her arm and made a gagging sound, her cat ears pulled back. "And it's really strong."