Chapter 6 | Beds

The next couple of classes went by in a nervous haze. Adrienne seemed to be pulled out of her stupor, electing to answer questions and acting more like the sun she was. Marinette on the other hand was thoroughly nervous. So nervous in fact that she excused herself from the physics class to go to the bathroom.

She was breathing slightly hard and it prompted Tikki to leave her bag and look at her with worried eyes.

"What's wrong Marinette?" Her high-pitched voice was low and full of concern which helped it cut through her thoughts. She looked at Tikki and sighed. The whole day she was thinking about how she was going to be spending the next 24 hours in Adrienne's presence. She was ecstatic, but also nervous. She could barely talk to her or keep her eyes off her as Ladybug but as Marinette? She would probably combust.

"I'm okay Tikki just nervous. I just don't want to mess up. I can barely handle being around her as Ladybug, but as Marinette?" She shrugged helplessly and looked at the ground. What came out of Tikki's mouth was surprising. Is she giggling?

"Oh Marinette, you're so gay " Marinette's jaw dropped and Tikki giggled some more before sighing happily. "Look, you'll be fine. You'll be there early as Ladybug right?" Marinette nodded, her mouth still open wide at her Kwami's boldness. Tikki ignored it. "Well, you can use that time to calm down! Talk to her as Ladybug, be there for her, and I'm sure it will help both of you. Use your time as Ladybug as a buffer. But don't forget to pay attention to her feelings. She comes first right?" Marinette closed her mouth and nodded.

It made sense. She did feel better talking to her today and last night, having gotten used to being around her after a while. Plus the one on one time made her confront her apparent gayness. Marinette smiled and held her hands out for Tikki, who landed in them. She brought her to her face and nuzzled the tiny god, who hummed in response.

"Thanks, Tikki, you always know what to say." Tikki smiled back and nodded. "No problem," Marinette smirked now. "So what makes me a super gay now?" Tikki's eyes widened and she looked sheepish.

"I didn't mean it like that. It's just, you're so nervous around her. It's kinda adorable. And...It makes sense. She's very pretty" Marinette was about to reply before her alarm went off. She set it earlier as a way to force her back to class. She looked over to Tikki after shutting it off and Tikki smiled. "You know I hope you two work out. I think you would be cute together." Marinette's face flushed. "Thanks" Tikki nodded and flew back into her bag. Marinette looked into the bathroom mirror and fixed her hair, which had come out of her tails slightly. Tikki thinks we would be cute together... A large smile stretched across her face as she fixed her hair.

After she returned to the class, the rest of the day went well. Classes were boring but she worked through them. Adrienne's mood was thoroughly improved and she was almost bouncing as she walked out of the classroom after classes ended.

"So 8:00 at your place right dude?" The four of them were walking out of the school, Nino and Alya behind while Marinette walked ahead with Adrienne. That walking position seemed to be happening a lot more recently. Adrienne nodded and turned around, continuing to walk backward through the school.

"Yeah. 8:00. Ummm" Adrienne was preparing to say something and when Marinette looked over she swore her cheeks were pink. "You guys can probably come late, but you shouldn't come early. I think my father is having people over before then or something and if you guys were earlier that might be bad somehow." The whole time she talked she seemed slightly nervous but still happy. Nino and Alya nodded before Nino responded.

"So how about we all meet across the road at 8:00? We can go up to the gate at the same time and that way nobody is early?" Adrienne smiled wide as the friends agreed. At this point, they had exited outside and Adrienne turned around to walk down the stairs, and promptly walked right into Chad.