Chapter 3 | Hawkmoth

"I can't believe she told them. Seriously? I've kept her secret for months now. And she goes ahead and does this? Arghhh!" Nino walked around to the side of the school before putting his headphones on and blasting some music. The electronic melodies blared into his ears, filling his thoughts as he tried to drown out the betrayal. While he sat listening to music, a small black butterfly floated down and landed on his headphones before being absorbed. The music cut out and Nino heard a familiar voice in his head.

"Hello Nino, my name is Hawkmoth." Nino flinched back before glaring out at the inner image of Hawkmoth.

"I know who you are. Now get out of my head!" Hawkmoth chuckled. "I would not be here if you didn't want my help. You've been betrayed by your best friend. A secret told to the only person that it needed to be held from." Nino shook his head again.

"I don't want your help! Last time I didn't even get Adrienne the party she wanted." Hawkmoth considered this for a moment before continuing. "I don't remember that. I remember Adrienne enjoying herself, once again because you were being such a good friend, and Ladybug and Chat Noir interrupted. You've worked so hard to be Adrienne's friend." At this Nino stopped fidgeting and listened. "You went against her father to throw her first birthday party ever. You have valiantly kept her secrets, she had confided in you and you've given your all to help her through her difficult first months of school."

At this Nino nodded and Hawkmoth smiled back. "All you asked in return is for your secret to being kept. You trusted her, and she betrayed you." Nino's anger flared up, more than he anticipated and he nodded again. "I'm not asking for you to hurt her. Just, level the playing field. I can give you the power to reveal people's secrets. Then you can rightfully get the revenge I know you seek. Don't try to hide your feelings, Nino. I can feel your want for revenge. It's burning inside you, and you're barely containing it." The image of Hawkmoth smirked and leaned back, gesturing flippantly with his cane. "All I'm saying is that maybe there need to be adequate consequences for a betrayal of this magnitude."

Nino considered Hawkmoths words for a bit before nodding. "And all you want is Ladybug and Chat Noir's jewelry?" The image of Hawkmoth in his head nodded. "That's all I require. So, revenge, for the superheroes Miraculous. What do you say? The last time I gave you power, you did get your wish. What's stopping you this time?"

Nino's anger flared up, the power of the Akuma flowing through him, muddying his thoughts and putting the image of justice in his head. He smirked and nodded. "Yes Hawkmoth, I'll help you." Power flooded him and he stood, his suit feeling light and a blue crossbow sitting in his hand. "That crossbow shoots bolts that will reveal people's biggest secrets. Now, bring me Chat Noir and Ladybugs Miraculous!"

***

Her classmates were running around in a frenzy, trying desperately to not get hit with Gossips bolts. She glanced up at Adrienne who had wide eyes and looked somewhat terrified. Marinette probably looked similar. This Akuma is going to be hell. She grabbed both Alya and Adrienne's arms and pulled them towards the side of the school, out of Gossips view.

"Where is Adrienne Agreste! I need revenge!" Gossip turned around frantically searching for the girl. Adrienne's frightened look dissipated slightly and was replaced with determination and she turned to Alya and Marinette.

"Okay, you guys should get out of here. Nino wants me so I'll try to distract him." Both Alya and Marinette shook their heads. "But you might get hit!" Adrienne looked at Marinette with a smile, before putting her hand on her shoulder.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir will show up soon. I just need to draw him away from the school. You guys get out of here." Before they could respond, she ran out from behind the school towards the front and started yelling at Nino.