Chapter 1

I groaned as I stretched in my husband and I’s New Zealand hotel bed. Currently, my dear husband, Richard, was filming the pick-ups for The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies and wasn’t expected to be done for another couple weeks.

Richard Armitage, and I, Dr. Hayley Armitage, had been married for 8 years now. We had met when I was visiting London-his hometown, and a place I had always wanted to visit-for the summer of 2004. He had just finished filming the new BBC mini-series “North & South” and that day was celebrating by himself in a quiet coffee café that I walked into. I had embarrassingly spilt my cold drink all over him as I had run into him trying to leave the café. He insisted on buying me a new one, and I insisted on buying him a new shirt-seeing as I didn’t have a clue that he was a celebrity. We exchanged numbers, and continued to date for the next 3 years-even after I had to go home, and he had to film other movies and shows-and married after those 3 years. Now we resided in New York, permanently, but lately had been living out of a New Zealand hotel suite for him to finish his filming of the latest Hobbit installment. Our 2 year old son, Toby Timothy Armitage was with us.

Seeing as it was 7:30 in the morning, and Richard was already on the set of the movie, and our son was crying from the other room, I decided to get up. I sighed as I stepped into the living area between Richard and I’s room and our son’s. The set-up of the hotel suite was really inconvenient in my opinion.

Pushing Toby’s bedroom door open, I smiled softly. He was thrashing about on the toddler bed that Richard and I had had put in there, crying hysterically.

Leaning over the small bed, I whispered, “Baby, hush now…mommy’s here.”

Toby immediately stopped crying and looked up at me with a watery smile, “Mommy?”

I grinned and replied, “Hello, baby.” I reached down and lifted him from the bed, holding him close, “Now, what was all that crying for?”

“Mommy, I miss daddy.” He whispered sleepily.

I smiled lovingly at my son. He was such a loving little boy, “Do you wanna visit daddy today?”

He jerked his head up and nodded enthusiastically, “Yeah!”

“Then we’ll do that then.” I smiled.

He grinned, “Yay!”

I chuckled before setting him down on his little feet and having him follow me around the suite to get us ready to visit his father on the set of The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I hope ya'll enjoyed this first chapter. This is obviously kind of an introduction. If you want to see anything specific happen in this story, just comment :) Thanks for reading :) Love ya'll!