22. Sweet Grandchildren O mine

There was a knock on the door. Cliff and Alexa ran to it begging Liam to open the door knowing all too well who it was. Alexa and Cliff loved spending the day with Axl. And today they got to spend the entire day because it was Frances and Liam's anniversary and Axl insisted he watch over the kids. 

Liam opened the door and let Axl in. Cliff and Alexa wrapped their small arms around his legs. Axl knelt and hugged both of them. It had been a while since he had seen them because of the tour with AC DC. 

"Okay, so they have bedtime at nine and-" "I think I know what I'm doing. You're alive aren't you?" Axl asked cutting Liam off. "Just go and have fun they'll be fine," Axl said ushering Liam out the door to join Frances in the car. "And no sweets before supper!" Liam called as they drove out the driveway. 

Axl chuckled. "Don't listen to him, kids. Here's some candy!" Axl said giving Cliff and Alexa a packet of candy. 

"Grandpa! Come look at the song I learned!" Alexa said sitting at the piano. Cliff was asleep in Axl's arms. Axl told Alexa to wait a second while he put Liam to bed. He came back and sat beside Alexa on the chair in front of the piano. Alexa cleared her throat and began to play and sing November Rain. After she was done she looked back at Axl who clapped. "Good job!" he said hugging her. "Thanks, grandpa!" Alexa said. Then she yawned. Axl scooped her up in his arms and brought her to her room. He tucked her in and softly sang patience to her until she fell asleep.

Alexa looked like Liam. And memories of when Liam was her age flooded through his mind. He kissed Alexa on the head and walked out of the room. He was just as happy as Liam about Alexa and Cliff. They were the best grandchildren in the world.  

THE END