Chapter One - Refurbishing

Hi loves! This is my fic, and I've crossposted on AO3, under the same name, please don't yell at me I didn't steal it KJGADGN
Discord servers here (https://discord.gg/UN7jbrkyFA) and here (https://discord.gg/ksQykMng8D), please DO NOT join if you're going to expose my wattpad username, I'd rather keep that private. Thank you! <3
This fic is completely finished, so you won't have to wait a disgustingly long time between updates like you do on my other works! I hope you enjoy the first idolxidol fic that I've ever posted on here :D (Sorry this chapter is kinda slow :') good stuff happens in the next chapter!)

Jimin dragged his suitcase out of his car and let it fall to the ground in the snow beside him. He slung his backpack over his shoulder, shutting the trunk of his car and locking it. He traipsed up the front steps of the cabin, sliding the old, nearly rusty key in the lock and thanking his lucky stars when it didn't just break off in the lock.

I really need to get that replaced, was his only thought as he lugged his possessions into his grandparents old hunting cabin. His grandpa had called it a hunting cabin, but the entire family knew that he'd never hunted anything. Stereotypical bear heads and wolf heads lined the walls, but as Jimin took them down, he noticed price tags on the back, only highlighting the idea that his grandpa was not a hunter.

The old man had wanted to seem tough, though as a child, Jimin saw his grandpa help an injured baby bird and then release it back into the wild. Jimin saw straight through him. Or, had seen straight through him. Jimin had lost both his grandma and his grandpa in a very short period of time, and the hunting cabin had been left to him as he was finally moving out of his parents' house and looking for a place of his own.

Jimin wasn't sure about wanting to stay here as a permanent home, but if he was ever able to pay for a home in the city, this could be a nice alternative for vacationing.

Jimin had taken down all of the creepy animal heads, rolling up the old bearskin rug and stacking everything that he wanted to get rid of by the door. Once done with the living room, he moved into the first bedroom, (one out of three), and flinched involuntarily at the terrifying bear statue that stood tall in the corner. Why had his grandparents enjoyed this stuff?

He nearly had to call a team of movers to help him, the bear stood almost nine feet tall and was at least three times as heavy as Jimin but his high school P.E. classes came back to save him and he was able to lug it out onto the front steps. The cabin wasn't in a neighborhood, instead completely alone in the middle of a clearing in the woods.

Jimin cleared out the rest of the house, some notable items that he discovered being an entire framed bug collection, once again with price tags on the back from the craft store about a half an hour away, a real duck that sat stuffed on the headboard of the bed, a table with moose antlers as the legs, several dead rats, three live ones, and a working jukebox. That last one, he was keeping.

He took pictures and measurements of all of the now clear spaces, noting the sizes of the beds so that he could get new sheet sets and comforters. He got back in his car, loading up all of the old stuff that he was selling and reluctantly placing the wolf head in the passenger's seat.

He finally pulled up to the antique shop that was almost an hour away from the cabin, pressing pause on SHINee's 'I Want You', and stepping out of the car. The horn honked as he pressed the lock button, keys jangling as he slid them into his pocket. The bell above him dinged as Jimin opened the door, alerting the elderly woman who worked the register to his presence.

"Oh! Jimin, dear boy! How are you? Oh, I haven't seen you in so long! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandparents, they were such loyal customers and such wonderful lifelong friends." Soojung, that was the woman's name, came out from around the counter, squeezing him into a comforting hug.

Jimin smiled, "Hi Soojung! Yeah, I miss them a lot, but I'm just glad that they didn't live too long without each other." Soojung smiled sadly, reaching up to pinch Jimin's squishy cheek gently.

"Such a sweet boy. So, what brings you here today? I heard you were moving into their cabin, is it true?"

Jimin nodded, smiling at her, "Yeah, I'm moving in for now. I actually came with some of the stuff from the old cabin, it honestly creeps me out a little," He rubbed the back of his neck and chuckled while Soojung laughed at him.

"Of course, not everyone is accustomed to the rustic decor that your grandparents loved. Now, let's see what you have to sell to me."

--

Jimin let her take every single one of the pieces in his car, handing half of the money that she handed to him right back.

"This is too much, and besides, I feel bad making you pay anything at all. There's pictures somewhere of you holding me in the delivery room, I don't think I have the right to take money from you at all." Jimin teased, putting his wallet in his back pocket without taking the other half that she was persistently trying to hand him.

"But you're selling me items for my store, this is business. Just take it dear."

Jimin shook his head again, taking the money from her but then walking around the counter, opening the cash register and sorting it back into the appropriate piles. Soojung scoffed though an adoring smile was on her face as she watched.

"Maybe you'd like a job here? Then I'd finally get to pay you." She winked, making Jimin laugh.

"Only if you think I could actually help here, don't just make up a spot for me here and lose money because I don't ever help."

"Oh no, I've been looking for a partner for a while now." Her husband had died a few years back and since he'd helped her in the store in the past, she was now alone.

"Then of course, I'd love to help. Any days, I'm open to any shift."

"Alright Jimin, well I'll call you when I figure out your shifts, until then though, take care, and thanks for stopping by to see me!" She waved as he walked out the door again, getting in his car and driving back to the cabin. 

Chapter one is finishedddd (and teeny), what did you think? <3