Chapter Three - Shopping Trips

Jimin stood in the doorway, biting the inside of his cheek as the wolf sat happily in front of him, tail brushing against the carpet as it wagged. Jimin needed to go and get furnishings for the house, but he couldn't very well bring a huge wolf along with him, now could he?

He sighed, a hand coming up to rub his forehead. The wolf whined, bumping his nose into Jimin's leg and sitting directly on his foot.

Jimin knelt down, at eye level with the wolf.

"Now if I leave you here," Jimin had to pause to push the animal away as the wolf rushed forward, licking a stripe up his cheek, "you have to be a very good boy. You can't tear things up, or use my carpet as a bathroom. You need to behave. Of course, I could just bring you with me, but you'd have to sit in the car."

The wolf seemed to like the second option, tail wagging and tongue lolling out of his mouth. He stood, nudging the doorknob with his nose and waited patiently as Jimin slid his feet into his shoes. Jimin finally opened the door, letting the wolf out first as he fumbled with the lock.

The wolf ran for the forest, and Jimin had half a mind to call him back but then the creature stopped, lifting his leg over a bush. Jimin turned back around, finally getting the door to lock and walking out to his car. By then the wolf was done, trotting after him and trying to hop into Jimin's lap. Jimin laughed, getting out of the car and leading the wolf to the open door on the other side. Once the animal was secured Jimin shut the door, walking back around to his side.

He was greeted with a lick to his cheek when he sat down, a hand coming up to ruffle the fur on the wolf's back. He started the car, pressing play on his car radio and letting ATEEZ's 'Say My Name' fill the car. As the chorus to the song began he realized that he had not yet given the wolf a name, turning to him. He mulled names over in his mind for a moment, not deciding on any before the song was over.

"What should I name you, huh?"

Jimin let the radio be the only dialogue in the car once more as an ad for a doctor's office back in his hometown began playing.

"And Doctor Kim Taehyung will continue to-"

The wolf grumbled at the radio, tail thumping on the seat behind him.

"Taehyung, what about that? Does that sound good?" Jimin reached a hand over to scratch the wolf behind the ear and he barked, nuzzling into Jimin's palm. Jimin laughed, bringing his hand back up to the wheel and cooing when Taehyung laid his big furry head right in Jimin's lap.

Jimin finally reached the home goods outlet, preparing Taehyung for being in the car while he was gone.

"-And you can't howl, then people will stare and someone will call the police..." Jimin caught sight of a pet shop across the street and looked down at Taehyung.

"You'd better be good. Stay here, I'll be right back." Jimin shut the car door, locking his car and jogging over to the pet shop. He purchased a leash and collar with no problem adding several toys and treats, dried jerky and bones but forgoing any other supplies, because Taehyung didn't need to eat dog food, Jimin would make him good food that he'd actually like. And Taehyung didn't need to sleep in a dog bed, he could share Jimin's bed or take one of the guest beds.

He got a silver charm on the collar engraved with the wolf's name and his own phone number, thanking the cashier and jogging back out to the car. Taehyung saw him coming, yipping in excitement and nearly tackling him to the asphalt when Jimin finally opened the door.

"Okay, okay! I missed you too, oh," Jimin cooed at Taehyung, smoothing down his fur. Jimin reached into the bag on his arm, pulling out the purple collar and hooking it around Taehyung's neck.