Chapter 1

In the world of Eria, all the people were changelings. Husbands and wives could be of two different breeds and their child would be different to their's.

The only family or house that bred true were the royals. The king was always a dragon. His sons and daughters would be the same but have a few of their mothers animal traits while in human form.But only the king's heir could pass on the dragon change.

It was rare for a dragon changeling to be born outside the royal line but it did happen. In those cases the children were sent to a school where they are trained to harness there gifts. They're also taught to how to fight, heal and another abilities that were then used to guard the royal family.

That is not to say the royals were weak but just well looked after. The prince and princesses were also sent there for a duration of their learning. Some excelled there and would decide to go on and be a royal guard but not the heir. They were always to rule.

Kira Untura was the youngest of four. She had three older brothers and the youngest eleven and the eldest fourteen when she was born. Her parents were the duke and duchess of Treera , one of the nine province of Eria. When she was born her family was happy to have a new edition. James, Henrick and Zack were excited, they would have a little sister to look after. Zack was more than happy because now he would no longer be the youngest.

James snr and Arebella, the duke and duchess, were in love with their little girl. They waited impatiently to see what their daughter would change into, she never change only got sick.

They were frantic, called the healer but got told that only time would tell if their daughter would change.So they wait, the province held there breathe to see that Kira would survive and change. A month went by and the little girl held on and eventually got well.Though the sickness seemed to have a grip on the child never really going away. There was a sigh of relief and now everyone waited to see what happened next.