Grand Canyon Pt. 2 [Fluff Edition]

Jack's POV

I opened my eyes, only to see my living room from my couch. Yet, my head is tilted and leaning on something.

I slightly raise my head, only to realize I'm on Dave's shoulder. I yelp softly in surprise, eyes widening as I jump to the other side of the couch.

"O-Oh Fredbear! I-I'm so sorry, I-I-" I get cut off as Dave hushes me. "Sportsy, it's okay. After all, I didn't mind," Dave replies with a soft smile.

I realize my face is heated up, a dark orange blush across my face. Dave had the same dark blush across his face, but it's purple.

Dave pulls me back next to him as I stay quiet and hug him quietly, the aubergine putting a hand around my waist and pulling me closer. I close my eyes, feeling happy and a little flustered.

"Want to watch some television, Old Sport?" Dave asks me. I nod, still wrapped around Dave's torso.

I watch Dave grab the remote on the coffee table and turn on a romantic movie. I watch the movie as I unlatch my arms from Dave.

Dave returns with blankets and snacks, but I didn't realize that he exited the room. He hands me a blanket with orange on one side, purple on the other.

Dave wraps the blanket around the two of us as I pretend not to notice it as I watch the movie. He was considerate enough to give himself the purple side and give me the orange side.

I was staring at the television, but I was thinking about Dave. I couldn't stop thinking about Dave.

Did Dave like me back? I could swear he did, but I didn't know. What if he didn't, and this was just him being nice? What if he was gaining my trust to sabotage me?

Would Dave betray me? I try not to think about it, but I need to know. Dave is a criminal and would do terrible things, but I'm his partner in crime. He wouldn't, would he?

I wake up from my thoughts as I feel a hand shake me. "Old Sport? Are you okay?" Dave asked worriedly. "Yeah, yeah! I'm okay!" I jolt up, but my exclamation was unbelievable to the aubergine.

"Old Sport, you know you can tell me anything, right?" Dave asked. "Yeah..." I replied like a kid in trouble, admitting what they did wrong.

"Old Sport, please, tell me what's going on. What's troubling you?" Dave asked me desperately. "Let me put this in a way that is easier for both of us to understand..." I sighed and leaned forward quickly, giving Dave a quick peck on the lips.

As soon as I finished, I turned away in shame. "I'm sorry if you don't like me back... It's fine if you don't want to be friends anymore after this..." I sighed sadly. 

Dave put a hand on my shoulder and spun me around. I made a small squeak as he slammed his lips into mine. We were both blushing messes as I kissed back, pulling him closer. I pulled away reluctantly.

"Dave... I love you."

Dave pulled me into a hug.

"I love you too, Jack."