Another

Amphrite awoke with a start, her eyes blurry as she felt cold. She could hear Avdolia's soft footsteps nearing towards her chambers, the young priestess standing from her bed as she noticed that the ends of her toga were damp.

 She could hear Avdolia's soft footsteps nearing towards her chambers, the young priestess standing from her bed as she noticed that the ends of her toga were damp

"How awfully strange... I have no recollection of last night. I stopped towards the sea and the next moment I'm here in my own room... the moon can be mysterious sometimes can't it?" She asked herself, the redhead blowing out the candles that were still lit.

"Amphitrite are you here? I haven't seen you since last- Oh." She paused, seeing her standing from her place. She let out a sigh, her hand motioning for the girl to come over. "Avdolia, what will happen now?" She queried, her eyes pleading for answers. "I'm sure you're well aware of the power that he held.. In his position of high priest don't you Amphitrite?" Avdolia tilted her head towards the side, her locks of hair coming undone from her braid.

"But of course I do.. None could fill his position. Only the gods of Olympus can, somehow." She stated, her eyes drifting to the floor. "Yes, we just have to be patient, and wait for a sign from Zeus." She stated, sending a soft smile though there was still sadness that lingered in her eyes due to Adonis's sudden passing. "Your face is all red, get refreshed. I think maybe a trip in the city will do us both a great deal, Don't you think?" She ruffled Amphrites red hair, the priestess only nodding slightly.

"Alright, It might take my mind off a few things." She whispered, the oldest of the two leaving her to deal with her affairs. She looked into a mirror, the silver coated metal showing her tear stained cheeks, flushed face and messy hair that Avdolia had generously tousled.

The private baths were her destination, a secluded place that was built for the priests and priestesses of the temple. A simple sheer whitened robe was worn on the occasion for a simple action, but she had brought none. Seeing there was no need for it, for her hair alone was enough to cover the unveiled porcelain skin.

The naturally  warmed and crystal clear water was a luxury only a few could have, but under the circumstances like this the sweet flowery aroma and her position as a priestess was enough to make her cherish things like this

The naturally warmed and crystal clear water was a luxury only a few could have, but under the circumstances like this the sweet flowery aroma and her position as a priestess was enough to make her cherish things like this. As silly as it was she carried her white toga, a typical garment for the days of mourning. The veil would be over her eyes, covering her glossy amethyst orbs that anyone could stare into.