kakashi: dreaming

Content: Fluff
Song: Lo Que Siento by Cuco
I put it up top if you wanna listen to it :))
Setting: If you read the "Students" oneshot I made, it's the same setting.

"Dreaming of you when I'm alone,"

You wake up to another empty side of the bed. Kakashi's been so busy on missions. As soon as he comes home from one, he gets another! He's had no time to cuddle and sleep in.

You wake up, ready to take another stroll in the village. Maybe the other Jōnin around know where Kakashi went.

"Baby, don't trip, I'm coming home,"

You were in the marketplace, about to go to Ichiraku Ramen because you slept in and it was now lunch time. A figure bumps into you, and you look down to see who it was.

"Owww... Oh, hi Y/N-san!" Naruto squeaks.

You ruffle his hair, "Look at you up and early, what are you doing today?"

"I have a mission with Hinata's team soon!" he replies.

You raise your eyebrows, "I see. Be safe, okay? I was just gonna go to Ichiraku Ra-"

He gasped loud as soon as you said "Ichiraku".

He pouts, "Y/N-san!! You're eating there without me?"

"I was, but now you're here, so let's go!" you grin. You've always liked Naruto. He was bright but dumb at the same time, and he never knows when to give up.

He cheers as you order the ramen bowls, "Thank you Y/N-san! You're the best!"

"I know," you reply, "By the way, have you seen Kakashi? He hasn't come home for a bit..."

"Hmm, I think he's on a mission! But I'm not sure because I've started training with Pervy Sage!" he replies as he slightly chokes on his ramen.

"Eat slowly, Naruto. Pervy Sage? Who's that?" you ask.

"Jiraiya of the Legendary Sannin!" Naruto says with pride.

You gasp, "Legendary Sannin? Like Lady Tsunade? Oh, wow. You're gonna become so strong, and I'm here for it!"

You were fine with acting like Naruto's mother figure. He had no parents after all, and you're sure Kakashi feels the same way and accepts him as a child who was used as a seal without a say in it.

He nods and finishes his ramen, "Thank you again! I have to go!"

You watch him run away and trip. You giggle as he gets up and keeps running. Your next stop for today is Tsunade's office.

You knock on her door, and she lets you in.

"Sorry for intruding, Lady Tsunade. Have you seen Kakashi anywhere? Or even know where he is?" you bite your lip.

She nods as she signs a paper, "He's on an S-rank mission that takes a few days. He's a strong shinobi. He'll make it back."

You frown, "I sure hope so. Do you have any quick tasks? I need something to do."

Tsunade checks her papers and finds something, "Yes, actually. Could you go with Naruto and his team? They're trying to catch a rare insect that will help track Sasuke."

You nod and leave her building, running to meet them at the gate.

During the mission...

"Kakashi..." you mumble in your sleep.

"Dreaming of you when I'm alone,"

You saw him smiling as you two sit on the edge of the Hokage Rock. There was a picnic of food laid out, and the sun was setting a vibrant pink and orange.

"Uhh, Y/N-san..." Naruto pokes you.

You wake up, "Huh?"

"You were talking in your sleep," Naruto says.

Your eyes widen. How embarrassing...

"Oh. Sorry, guys. I'm just a little homesick." you rub the back of your neck.

You weren't really HOME homesick. It was more husband-sick. You missed seeing Kakashi almost every night.

After the mission...

You all returned home with a disappointed look in your faces. Naruto let out some gas as the Bikōchū beetle was hatching, and now it's stuck to his scent, not Sasuke's.

The sun was setting, and you didn't even bother going home. You knew that Kakashi wouldn't even be there anyways, so you picked up some dango dumplings (those rice dumplings on a stick, as seen from Itachi and Izumi), and made your way to the Hokage Rock.

"Baby don't cry when I am gone, promise you're everything I want,"

Once you got up higher, you had a beautiful view of the village as well as the blazing sunset. You sit on the edge of Lord Fourth's part of the rock, and you admire Konoha.

"Baby, don't trip, I'm coming home,"

"Hey," someone says.

You turn around while almost pulling out your kunai, but your eyes soften once you see where that voice came from.

"Kakashi?"

He sits down beside you, legs dangling off the rock, "Figured you'd be here because you didn't come home when Naruto did."

You finished processing what the heck just happened, and you rest your head on his shoulder, "You came home, huh? Since when?"

"Yesterday. I heard you were gone for a couple days," he replies and caresses your hair, "It was a bit lonely without you."

"I felt the same, but for serveral days, Kakashi. Anyway, how was your mission?" you ask.

"Same old, but a little tougher since it was S-rank," he says.

You smile and put a dumpling in front of his face, "Well, I'm glad you're back safe. Have some."

He eats it hesitantly, then pulls you closer to him and you two basked in the remaining sunlight from the fast-setting sun.

"Kick it with me, I don't care if the sun is gone."

"Hey, Y/N," Kakashi says.

You hum in response.

He smiles through his mask, "I'm gonna ask for a couple days off of work. You know, to enjoy moments like these."

- hopefully this makes up for the amounts of angst i'm gonna release hehe