Death Threat

Snake Eyes POV

Out of nowhere Motoko tells all of us to move out and we do. We meet in a room, with most people sitting. And I'm standing. The Chief filled us in on what the situation is and this is after the briefing.

Batou: In other words. You're telling us we're gonna be baby sitters to the Prime Minister.

Motoko: So. What's your take Chief. You have an opinion about this I'm sure.

Daisuke: We're not dealing with a simple copy cat crime. The situation is a little more complicated. 

Togusa: This threat is a warning to the Prime Minister for appealing the refugee special action policy which the previous administration enacted as temporary legislation. And with there being no progress in the refugee issue, after all their protests and chances to end the discrimination set the refugees free. They're calling it an act of treason to the people. Therefore they say they're gonna execute her for that? What they say is completely inconsistent, the police may think that it was all committed by the same organization, but at this point I don't see how they could be. nothing ties them together.

I take the letter and shine a UV light on it hoping that something hidden is revealed in invisible ink. But nothing.

I stop shining the light on it and give it back.

Motoko: Find anything Snake Eyes? 

I shake my head saying that I saw nothing. Then the Chief pulls up a logo.

Daisuke: If it weren't for the fact that they had this logo in common I'd have to agree with you

Daisuke: If it weren't for the fact that they had this logo in common I'd have to agree with you. Granted I can't trust what government officials say including the Commissioner General. But considering that several claims of responsibility bearing this mark sent to specific individuals we have no choice but to operate under that assumption. 

Motoko: Another Stand Alone Complex...

Batou: You're right. It does resemble the Laughing Man case I've got to admit. 

Then the Chief gets up.

Daisuke: At the moment it isn't our objective to determine the truth behind each crime. Focus the sum of your energies on guarding the Prime Minister, but at the same time I want you to investigate these threats. And logo, in order to ID the person or group behind this. 

Motoko: Batou, Pazu, Saito, and Snake Eyes, you'll take security duty with me on the Minister. Togusa, I want you to search the logo angles you'll be working with Ishikawa and Boma. 

Everyone says "Roger" while I only nod. The rest go to get prepared while I don't move an inch.

Daisuke: Snake Eyes.

I perk my head up at the Chief. And he hands me a brief case.

Daisuke: Get changed. This is your new suit. I figured you could lose the extra armor.