Chapter 43

This chapter goes out to:
@The-Extra-Weasly ❤️

And just like that Gia's world came crashing down in a thousand tiny pieces.

She knew what Draco was like really, but she thought he'd maybe moved on from the whole pure blood mud blood controversy. And now she felt like he only thought of her in disgust. She wanted to turn away, run away, never see his face again.

But she couldn't do that. Because Draco had started to cry. And she'd never seen Draco cry, In fact, nobody had. And she prayed she'd never have to again. Because each tear that rolled down made him look smaller, like if you touched him he'd somehow crumble.

So instead Gia carefully stroked a tear away from his face. "Why are you sad?" She asked him gently.

Draco struggled to find the words to vocalise the million thoughts raving in his head. "This isn't- it's not what I-I don't want this" he finally stammered out.

And then he broke down fully, falling on to Gia, head buried in her neck, her scent calming him down. Without hesitation her arms came around him, gripping his slender body.

"What do you mean?" She asked urgently.

"My parents, I have to do this, be this, or we'll all be killed".

Gia nodded her head in understanding. Fuck.

"So you don't hate me then?" She grimaced, still gripping his back.

"Shut up" he murmured back.

Gia understood. She knew a bit of Draco would always be imbedded in him, thanks to his parents. But he was trying not to be. And now he was forced to be someone he didn't want to be. Gias soul ached for him.

" It's ok", she whispered. "I won't let anything happen to you". She wasn't quite sure how she'd manage that but she knew that she'd try.

And in an odd moment of comfort, Draco suddenly felt so small in her arms. Like she truly could protect him, as long as she was holding him, perhaps she really could make all of it go away.