Chapter Eleven

Hallie's POV

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about," I said. I wasn't spilling the truth about anything. Ever. Telling them would be like reliving the past.

That's a past I never want to relive ever again.

Why were they so caring and loving? I wasn't worthy of love then, so why am I worthy of it now? That's when it hit me. It wasn't love or care that they were showing, it was pity.

They probably planned this whole thing with my parents.

They wanted to see how long it would take for me to trust them. As soon as I trusted them, they would take my heart and rip it into pieces.

That's how it always was, and that's how it's always going to be.

We did the CT scan, and I did have a minor concussion. Michael put my wrist in a cast, seeing as it was broken. Who knew that this much damage could come from a trash can rolling down the stairs?

I sat in my bedroom, thinking about everything that has happened in the last month.

1. My parents sign me up for the exchange program.

2. I end up living with four guys that I don't even know.

3. I find out that my parents sent an application in for me to go to a school that seems prestigious, but is filled with mean kids.

4. I go shopping for new stuff, which has never happened to me before.

5. I had my first doctors' appointment.

6. I met Niall.

7. I got put in a trash can and pushed down the staircase.

A lot of things had changed, but there was one thing that would never change.

The fact that I was still "The Social Outcast."

THE END!

(JK, I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO YOU GUYS)

I heard the sound of my bedroom door opening, revealing Luke. He had a small smile, but it turned into a frown when he saw my overwhelmed state.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he sat down.

"I'm fine," I tried to give him my most convincing smile.

"No you're not. C'mon, tell your favorite person what's up," A smile grew on my face as I rolled my eyes at Luke's comment.

"All of the change throughout the past month. It's just so overwhelming," I said, seeing him nod. "I feel like I don't have a second to breathe before something else changes again. It feels like I have no control over anything."

I didn't know why, but it was so easy to open up to Luke.

He just had a warm and bright spirit, yet was a great listener. He didn't talk often, because he was busy observing and watching. Well, listening was his job.

He was a therapist, after all.

"That's perfectly okay to feel that way. Change is scary and very overwhelming, especially at your age. I know it can be hard to feel like you have no control over anything, I once felt like you. Well, I was in a completely different situation, but I can see where you're coming from," He said.

After talking with Luke for a few more minutes, he got up.

"Just take it step by step, or day by day. We'll be right beside you if you fall. Well, I got to go make sure Michael and Ashton didn't break anything, but you just relax. You literally have a concussion, so stop thinking so hard." He smiled.

Luke's words wouldn't stop running through my mind.

'Just take it step by step, or day by day. We'll be right beside you if you fall.'

FOLLOW. VOTE. COMMENT. DM ME WITH SUGGESTIONS PLS!!!!!!

SO, WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT LUKE AND HALLIE'S TALK AT THE END? ALSO, COMMENT MORE IDEAS WITH NIALL AND HALLIE!!!

I LOVE NALLIE SO MUCH!!

ANYWAY, I'M NOT THE HAPPIEST WITH THIS CHAPTER, BUT NEXT CHAPTER WILL HOPEFULLY GET BETTER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!