Dolls

He looked at it. In his hands, he cradled the little crochet doll. Wool laced the floor and hooks had been lodged down the sofa cushions after 2 continuous months of both crochet and paperwork. As well as sewing in the small details. His dark eyes glossed over the white not yet clothed body shaped form in his hands as he took out the little black turtleneck from his baggy of clothes. as he dressed this little doll all nice and cute, he kept getting his fingers tangled in her soft woolly hair. once complete, he finally had a "Pocket Hawkeye" to admire when she wasn't around. His baggy full of clothes ,each part he had made himself, remained two little outfits. a cute summer dress with a hat and of course...

a miniskirt.

They both had a love for sewing, however Riza's skills were used more productively, mostly in fixing things or sewing the pattern onto the colonel's white cotton gloves. Roy's was more creative. He grew up with girls who liked all these things. like makeup, sewing, art, fashion...

Skirts...

He cleared up for the night feeling oddly tired as he had worked so late on his little project. But something was missing. it just didn't seem right. her face seemed plain and lonely. Even with a diy BlackHayate next to her, she still looked lonely. He was lost in thought until the soft tune of the door bell interrupted his creative concentration. he placed the doll on the table with the rest of the things and walked down the hallways to greet his unexpected guest.

"Who could that be at this time of night?" he asked himself as he opened the door to reveal the pretty blonde woman he had spent months replicating.

"Oh, Colonel. You left this at the office, I hope I didn't wake you." she explained with a sweet smile as she handed Roy a folder of paperwork and his alchemy gloves...and then some pink wool. He took the items from her guilty that she had come all this way in the middle of the night to return them. "Im not entirely sure what the wool is for but-"

"Uh hey thank you, do you wanna come in for a drink? its quite late I cant just let you come all the way over here without offering something." The colonel offered the lieutenant forgetting the state of is kitchen table. She accepted his offer anyhow, and followed him inside as he took her coat. She was no longer in uniform and neither was he. she was wearing a white blouse and a dark indigo skirt that went down to her knees. As Roy began to make some drinks, the lieutenants eyes had focused on the table of wool, sewing kits, crochet hooks and scissors. and then...the doll. she held it gently admiring the embroidery along the blue jacket replicating the military uniform. Her military uniform to be exact. uniforms may look the same, but each one indicates the ranks. the yellowy gold shoulder patterns matched hers perfectly. apart from that, the doll looked exactly like her. her hand made its way to her skirt pocket gently as she noticed the little dog too.

"Colonel," she started

"Its Roy when were out of the office, you know that." he replied instantly, clearly forgetting what he had left on the table and continued to pour the tea.

"Mind explaining this doll?" she asked with a slight look of amusement. Roy instantly became flustered almost losing his words and spilling the tea. (literally and figuratively)

"Uhh, its..." he fumbled nervously. This was just going to be one of those things he just couldn't explain. and he knew he had to accept it. a smile made its way onto her face and she giggled at his nervous state.

"Now, now... its just silly to have one without the other isn't it?" she suggested. A confused look spread across his face as the blonde set both the doll and puppy up against the sugar pot. Her hand reached down to her pocket yet again and pulled out her own creation. A little doll with black hair and a blue uniform. Roy studied it for a moment as it stood next to the Riza doll peaceful and cute leaning against the sugar pot. His face pulled a smirk.

"Awe, thyere right next to the sugar pot, I guess you can say theyre very sweet together." ;)

"Youre hopeless, Roy."

"Hey, you made a doll too!"

AN: Wow its been a hot minute since ive updated this thing. I came up with this on the spot the other day and finally found the time and motivation to write it. I think its adorable anyway.

Luv yas all