chapter one

on my own

      I'm  lost. I'm confused and I'm tired. this all pretty much sums up my first day here at School. Yes, it was midday but when your a human and thrown into this weird supernatural esc life last minute you to would be confused and scared. I had always clung to security and now I was everything from it even though I technically was very safe here. I walked around confused and felt like a total outsider. not that I wasn't I mean I totally am one I just--- I'm rambling.

STEP ONE- find my dorm

      Simple as that all I have to do is just look around and find the stupid place ill spend the next year of my life at. I looked up and looked around confusingly. Just ask someone for help luna. its not that deep. its other peoples first day too. "hey excuse me I need help finding my dorm." I heard a girl say and I turned to look at her. she had the most vibrant red hair I had ever seen.

      "oh my gosh I wish I could help I'm so sorry I'm new here to and I honestly didn't even know things like this existed a month ago so were in the same boat." I said to her nervously laughing. same boat? what am I 80? gosh she probably thinks I'm so weird know I need to do something cool to redeem myself. Who am I kidding I'm the. furthest thing from cool.

    "me too. I just found out I was fairy not to long ago and ever since then everything has felt kind of fake and made up. Im bloom. A fire fairy what are you?" she asked me and I sat there. "Thats so cool. I wish I was a fairy. I'm a boring specialist. My name is luna." I told her shaking her hand. "that's cool too I wish I was a good fighter." she said and I laughed. "yeah you and me both. I have no clue how or why I am here I can't fight to save my life." I said to her and we laughed then a boy came up to us, well more so to her.

    "first years I take it?" he asked smiling friendly at us. "yes um lost first years at that." I said to him laughing. I'm such a loser. "of course it gets pretty hard to find your way around buy you guys will adjust just fine I'm sure." he said looking at bloom especially. "right well I'm gonna go find my dorm is girls dorms this way?" I asked him and he nodded. "I'm sky by the way." he said and I nodded, "luna nice meeting you, you too bloom thank you." I said walking off to my dorm. room 205 ah here we are finally.

   STEP TWO- unpack

     I seem to have gotten to my room almost last and set my stuff down in the bed. the room I was in had 3 beds in it and they were both occupied with peoples stuff. I took the last bed and began to unpack with my headphones on when someone tapped on my shoulder. I jumped and took them off. "I'm so sorry you scared the heck out of me." I said to her and she smiled seeming really nice. "here is a plant I give them to everyone. I'm terra an earth fairy." she said hugging me. I hugged her back awkwardly.

  "im luna sorry I'm so bad at interacting with people I get nervous and shy easily." i said looking down and the other girl joined our conversation. "I can tell you feel overwhelmed. Im musa. I'm a mind fairy." she said and I smiled at her. "I'm luna not a fairy although so far everyone I've met has me wishing I was one. I'm a specialist or I'm going to be at least." I said to them and they nodded.

    "I've never really seen girl specialist you're gonna be badass." musa said and I laughed, as terra joined her. "yeah that is so cool I wish I was." why did they think being a normal human was so cool? its so boring. "id rather be a fairy that's where all the cool and fun stuff happens am I right?" I said holding my hands up and they high fives me. "its not as fun and glamorous as you may think." musa said and terra laughed.

     "I disagree! I love being a fairy, but my dad works here in the gardens so I've gone here for a few years I know who to hangout with and who to avoid. I could show y'all around if you want?" she said nervously and I could feel her kindness mixed with anxiety radiating off of her. "no thanks I get overwhelmed with other peoples feelings in big crowds." musa said.

   so do i. me and her seem like we have a lot in common I think I'm going to like my roommates. "ill go with you I mean I'm new to the um... 'realm' or whatever you would call it. all this fairy stuff is new to me." I said to them and they nodded before terra grabbed my hand pulling me towards the door.

well I guess step two kinda check. on to the next step ill get back to unpacking.

STEP THREE- find my way around

    Terra walked me through the halls and showed me the cafeteria along with lots of other stuff when I accidentally bumped into someone when I was looking around. "I'm so sorry oh my gosh." I said to the boy as he scoffed and looked to terra behind me. "watch where the fuck your going. fuckin first years." he said looking down at me. I started getting overwhelmed with feelings that didn't feel like mine.

    "im so sorry I was just--" I started, but he cut me off. "whatever terra you and your friend need to watch where you are going. freaks." he whispered the last part before going to leave. terra then stepped in and wrapped tree roots around him pinning him to the wall and chocking him. "I'm sorry I couldn't quite hear you. what'd you say?" she asked and I looked at her shocked I could never be that ballsy.

    he looked at her then to me and I finally grabbed Terras arm. "okay I think that's enough you're gonna hurt him." I said and she stopped. he gasped for air as he came down to the floor. "fucking fairy nerds." he said walking away and terra frowned. "hey I'm not a fair!" I yelled out trying to defend us. what the hell how tuff of you luna. "hey I didn't fucking ask." he said smirking at me and walking away.