Chapter 2 (draft)

The next morning, I woke up with excitement; the idea of going to look at everything underneath the stairs filled my mind. However, I knew Dion would want to be apart of it. He was always so anxious when it came to uncertain things. 

        Dion laid next to me, asleep, as I looked at him. Whenever I watched him sleep, I remembered the first time we slept next to each other. It was after our third date, we were watching a movie on the TV. I was laying on top of him on the couch, peacefully. Next thing I knew, he was snoring. I looked up to see his mouth ajar and his eyebrows furrowed. I assumed he was having an interesting dream. I adjusted my body and Dion pulled me closer, causing me to blush. I smiled and held on to his arm, closing my eyes. We slept for a few hours before he woke me to take me home. I remember seeing him smile as he did.

        I got out of bed and headed downstairs, ignoring the enchantment of the chest in the foyer, and into the kitchen to make an attempt at cooking. Growing up with a nanny, I never had to worry about life skills, as the help did everything for me. And after meeting Dion, he continued to do everything for me. While making a sorry attempt for breakfast, peanut butter on untoasted bread, I learned that the water had finally cut on. The electricity would cut on later that day. I brought the bread on a paper towel up to Dion. I sat next to him on the bed and placed the bread on the nightstand. My fingers played gently with his curls until he took a deep breath and opened his eyes. He blinked a few times and smiled softly.

       "Good morning, my love." He whispered.

       "Good morning," I placed a gentle kiss on his lips and laid on my side to face him. "Our water has finally turned on. The electricity won't be far behind," I turned over to grab the bread, "To celebrate, I present you with: peanut butter on bread." Dion let out a small laugh and took a bite of the bread in my hands.

      "Mm... Delicious. But, you know, I am craving something else for breakfast." Dion sat up.

      "Oh? Well, I saw a diner across the bridge when we were driving here–" Dion shut me up by kissing me slowly. His lips were firm against mine and his hand pressed against my lower back, bringing me closer to his torso. I moaned softly against his mouth, partially due to the ache in my lower lip. Dion climbed on top of me and my hands made their way to the back of his neck, keeping him close. I broke the kiss. 

      "Want to continue this in the bathroom?" Our heavy breaths were in sync. I nodded. While racing each other to the bathroom, we both stripped, leaving our clothes scattered all over the hallway.

        My grandmother was not a fan of anything modern. All of the furniture, the appliances, and décor were all older than me it looked like. The mirror I stood in front of was distorted, like how really old mirrors were. The frame of the mirror was shaped like vines, yet held the color of brass. The paint was chipped and had cracks in it, it looked as if they were meant to be there. I never realized how little I looked at myself, I couldn't remember the last time I looked in a mirror and saw my face. I had begun to form faint wrinkle lines on my forehead and eye bags rested beneath my green eyes. Blackheads made a home on my chin and by the corners of my mouth, reminding me of my teenage years.

        "You know, for an old house, the water pressure is pretty nice." Dion stepped out of the claw foot tub and closed the shower curtain and swiftly grabbed a towel to place around his waist. The water droplets rolled down his chest. The bathroom was truly stunning (Despite how old everything was), it was almost as if my great grandmother had prepared it for us. Everything was neat and clean. Towels freshly folded on shelves by the sink. I picked up my hairbrush and began to brush my hair.