Message From The Author

Before reading this story, I would like to greatly appreciate you as a reader for keeping my characters alive. I have spent many years writing this novel, beginning when I was 14 years old. Now that I am almost 22, it's truly surreal to see how much time has gone by while working on this story. And honestly, I am surprised that my 14 year old self came up with this complex content. Obviously some stuff has changed, but the general storyline is the same.

        I would like to dedicate this page in particular to all of those who have helped me write this book over the years, especially during COVID when I chose writing over sleep (And I know some of you did too). Some people I would like to say thank you to have remained constant through the story process while others have shown up more recently.

      I would like to say thank you to my grandmother, aka Grammy. I remember her taking me out to dinner and I pitched her the idea of this story when I was 14 and she told me she loved it and has been reading my drafts ever since, still encouraging me to publish one day.

       I would like to say thank you to my mother, who believed I was developing schizophrenia at the age of three because of the vivid stories I would tell her coming home from preschool (Shout out my doctor who told her to encourage my story telling and that I have an extremely vivid imagination). Even today, she still encourages my writing, my art, and my music. And I could not be more blessed.

       Special thank you to Adrian and Jaxin. You both have helped me throughout the years in giving me feedback and helping me edit on late nights. I'm not sure if I will ever find a way to truly thank you for your time and support, but I hope I will.

       And another special thank you to my partner, Jahvin. Who has known me for many years, but did not know of my writings until we started dating. I am sorry for my late nights and my pestering about how I should describe something. And I am also sorry for begging you to proof read my paragraphs before continuing. But I want you to know that I wouldn't be where I am right now in the world if you weren't by my side, holding my hand. My love for you is shown through our two main characters, Nicole and Dion. And while this story began without you in mind, it will end with you in mind, caro mio.

       And finally, my cousin Liz. During COVID, we both stayed with our grandmother and I told Liz I was writing. Liz stayed up with me many nights, revising and editing my paragraphs as I wrote them in Google Docs. Liz also would spend the entire day with me researching the city of our characters, looking into the history of the home that characters' home is based off of, and helping me breathe life into this characters. I am eternally grateful for you. And I hope to dedicate many more stories to you.

       Life is always changing. Hell, I honestly believed at one point that I would never live to see the age of 18, let alone 22. This story, the people who helped encourage me and my writings, and the beauty that life has offered me is a one in a million and I would never change it for anything.

       Alright, I get it, you've had enough of the sappy stuff. You want to get to the story. But, once again, I would not be where I am as a writer without you reading my story. So even if your name is not mentioned here on this list, I am and forever will be grateful for every single one of you. Thank you.

       -Anne WG