66

"The danger isn't just a part of your life. It is your life."

CASSIDY GREEN

I couldn't bring myself to go see Ethan. I just couldn't. Not after the accident in the club. I knew it I went to see him in the condition he was in right now I would cave and forgive him right away.

I remember that night in the club. I remember hearing the fire alarm go off, leaving me confused until Lotus grabbed my wrist and yanked me with her, running out of the building together. I knew if there was something going on Lotus would know about it, so I am to the conclusion that there was in fact no fire.

It wasn't until later that night when Grayson and Jared came over to Lotus' and informed us on what had happened to Ethan. Grayson tried to assure me that he was okay and stable, and that his condition wasn't all that serious. I knew this wasn't the first time he was stabbed.

When the tears hit, Jared was the one to comfort me, surprisingly. He drove me to the main house where I cried all the way there, and he even agreed that I shouldn't see Ethan, despite how much I wanted to. I wanted to hold him, I wanted to feel his strong arms wrapped around my body. I wanted to see with my own eyes that he was okay.

But my desire to see him was overpowered by the heartbreak I felt. I wanted to be right there next to him, yet at the same time I wanted to be as far away from him as possible.

It had always been a week since I saw him. I had constant texts abs calls from him that I let all go to voicemail. He was desperately trying to in contact with me. He was probably wondering why I was so mad at him. And I can tell you, it was a lot of things.

The lack of communication, the lies, constantly going behind my back to do things, constantly doing the opposite of what I ask for him, the rage when I do the same to him. He always had to be the superior one in this relationship, I was tired of getting bossed around.

But the one thing that angered was how he embarrassed me in the club. How could he parade around with a girl thay looks identical to me, right in front of my face?! I thought all of this pain I had to go through was just one step closer to revealing the good in Ethan, but turns out I was just being delusional the entire time.

How would I get close to someone like Ethan? I thought I could handle his dark side. I loved him, yes, but the danger that followed him was becoming overwhelming. I wasn't going to allow being consumed by someone whose life was in constant danger and who was doing little to stop it.

It made it hard to believe that Ethan didn't want me at the club because of this planned attack, when he was all over another girl. No one spoke to me about that after that night, which confused me even more. I needed honesty in my life right now, above anything else. I was hurt that I had accepted Ethan's life, but still being left in the dark. Ethan was hardly ever honest with me.

The walk from campus to Lotus' house wasn't that far. Lotus had insisted on picking me after class everyday, but I didn't want to feel like a burden. I knew the route to her house, so I was fine with walking. The rain poured and I was drenched by the time I arrived at her door, my hair sticking to my face and my mascara running.

She had given me a spare key for the house, but she was always there so I didn't need to use it much. I opened the door and stepped it, making sure to take off my soaked shoes and leaving them by the door. I threw my bag nonchalantly on the floor, then strolled down the hallway.

"Lotus," I called out, to see if she was there. The house was strangely quiet considering the door was unlocked and Lotus always hollered something to me as soon as I stepped foot inside. I heard some movements coming from the living room, so I walked inside the room.