68

"You don't talk to her, you don't look at her, you don't even think about her."

CASSIDY GREEN

Ethan's eyes didn't even meet mine as he stepped forward and pulled me into him, his eyes intensely on Colson. I stood close to Ethan, a wave of giddiness washing over me just by the presence. He stared at Colson with eyes of disdain as he waited for him to answer.

Colson's face momentarily turned pale, but he quickly recovered, faking his bravery.

"Did I fucking stutter?!" Ethan snapped, using a deathly tone that made my skin crawl. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"E..." I mumbled quietly, hearing his breathing hitch as he stared in utter dismay at Colson. "You don't have to do this here."

He purposely disregarded me, not breaking his eyes away from Colson.

I didn't know what he had against Colson, but honestly Colson creeped me out and it didn't surprise me that him and Ethan had an ugly past. However, I was not going to let them fight in the middle of the party. Colson had a heap of friends with him and as far as I knew, Ethan had four with him.

Wyatt came strolling over, forcing his body through the crowd. He placed his hand on Colson's, shoulder, urging him to leave this and follow him away. His eyes met mine and were almost sympathetic, but he remained next to Colson.

"Are you going to answer or do we have to skip to the part where I beat the shit out of you?" Ethan urges, his fists clenched at either side of him.

"Didn't come here for trouble." Colson simply shrugs.

"Well considering you're talking to my girl, I beg to differ."

Colson put his hands up in surrender, "Didn't realise she was taken, Dolan. My bad."

I frowned, knowing he was lying.

Ethan took a step forward and me being aware of what he intended to do, I stepped forward in front of him, placing my hands on his chest. He dropped his eyes down to mine for the first time tonight, eyes barely softening. He was waiting for me to speak, waiting for me to insist that he didn't create a scene in front of everyone.

But my mouth didn't budge. I simply kept my gaze on him until I heard a voice being me speak. Grayson.

"You've got to be kidding me!" He yelled, eyes set on Colson. I heard Wyatt curse under his breath as Grayson approached.

"Gray, man. Look...don't—" Grayson cut Colson off by swinging his fist straight into his jaw.

He stumbled back due to the impact, but quickly recovered. He stood up, throwing a punch back at Grayson. Grayson snapped his head back at him when he recovered from his punch, grabbing the fabric of Colson's shirt and throwing him on top of the counter. Another hit.

I winced.

Ethan stepped him, pulling the two off of each other. He then took Colson by the collar and muttered something into his ear. He spoke through gritted teeth before shoving his body away from him, then moved towards me. Taking my hand, he pulled me towards the door as he said, "What the hell were you thinking hanging out with them?!"

I blinked. "It wasn't exactly my choice. Lotus left me with them. What was I supposed to do?"

He eyes widened but he kept his mouth shut, bringing me up the stairs quickly. We walked down the hall as he grabbed a guys arm and pulled him over, "Seen Lotus, bud?"

The guy who was adjusting himself and button up his shirt smirked, "Her room."

Ethan turned to me, "Go and get your things and wait in the room until I come get you."