Chapter Four

Chapter Four

The walls were painted pink. I hate pink with a passion. All my suitcases were stacked on the bed. I made a note to thank Isaac later. The bed was queen sized and had black covers on it. There were bookshelves and a desk in the room as well. It was fairly big, definitely bigger than anything I've had before. I was about to grab a suitcase when my door swung open.

"Ever heard of knocking" I said aggressively to whoever came in. I looked up to see it was Coby. His face seemed unamused. Is he going to kill me now?

"Excuse me?" He said sharply.

"Do you always barge in or just on Fridays?" I said sarcastically. He stared at me for a minute. I noticed he had a tattoo on both his arms but his sleeves were covering it. He seemed taken aback by my response. Apparently the boys dont have enough balls to talk back to him.

"Everyday except Wednesdays actually" He said back sarcastically. I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Then I guess I'll have to lock my door," I replied grabbing my suitcase and unzipping it.

"I came in to tell you that you have to do homeschooling now while the gang and I go to the high school" he said ignoring my comment.

"Why can't I go with you guys?" I said louder.

"Because I dont want people finding out you live here" Coby said coldly. What an asshole.

"Wow, embarrassed of me already?"

"Hardly. It's for your own protection" He responded about to leave. What the hell was Hardly supposed to mean.

"I can take care of myself," I said without emotion. He turned around and stared at me. He looked me up and down inspecting me. I suddenly felt really self conscious of my exposed arms.

"No, you can't," he said, closing the door behind him. He really thinks I can't take care of myself? I can't wait to prove him wrong.

Coby leaves the room and closes the door behind him. Its weird to picture him as a gang leader. He just seems so young. He cant be more than a couple years older than me. Im convincing myself that this isnt a gang house. Everyone here is just too nice. Its just some sick joke that Isaac is playing on me. Deep down I know that's not true though. I look around my room at the pink walls. Yea, this is gonna have to change.

I dont know what to do with myself. Do I go downstairs? Should I stay up here and unpack? I decide to stay in my room for now. Lord forbid I run into Colby twice within one hour. I throw myself onto the fluffy bed, and sigh. Starting my life over seems hard enough. Doing it here seems even harder. It still hasnt set in completely that my parents were dead. Or that it was my fault.