Chapter Ten

The car at the top is the one that Talia and Isaac drive.

I haven't left my room much. I didn't want to look at Coby or really even look at him. I went down for food and water, and occasionally taking a shower. I've been reading a lot of books and doing research on famous gangs. I was about to start my online homework for the day when I got text. I picked up my phone to see Isaac's name on it.

Isaac: Wanna race?

I read his text a few times. Racing is the only thing I've wanted to do since I've got here. Isaac was the one who taught me how to drive and I kept doing it after he left. I wonder if I'm better then him now?

Me: Yes. Be down in 5

I quickly got dressed and put on my shoes. I skipped down the stairs happier then I have been the last few days. I met Isaac at the bottom of the stairs. I smiled at him and then we walked outside towards the garage.

"Ready to get beat by your little sister" I teased.

"Oh please like that will happen" he scoffed as he unlocked the door. Inside the garage were about ten cars. Five of them were race cars and the other five were various vans or trucks. We both picked out Chevy Corvettes and grabbed the keys. The one I chose was red with black detailing. Isaacs was blue with dark blue details.

We drove them out of the garage and opened the gates to the road. I saw a few of the house members come out at the sound of the engines. Their faces full of shock when they saw me behind the wheel.

"All right one lap around the block first one back in the driveway wins" Isaac shouts over the engines. I give him a thumbs up and grip the steering wheel. Isaac count down from three and then we speed off. I take the inside of the turn and get slightly ahead of him. He speeds up passing me with ease. Shifting my gears I drive only inches away from him. I see the next turn coming up. I have to turn right so I try to get on the inside but Isaac blocks me. I decide to speed to the other side of him and while he takes the turn I drift and then speed up. I pass him, and shift gears to go faster. I make the next turn with him still behind me. He nears closer and I pull the steering wheel to block him from passing. I shift to the highest gear going around ninety miles an hour. I drift the turn and see the drive way coming up. I knew people would be watching. I drifted into the driveway and did three donuts before Isaac sped in behind me. I parked and turned off the car.

"I told you that you would loose" I yell happily at him. He looks at me not with anger for loosing but with pride.

"I am so proud of you Talia" he says hugging me. I hug him back still smiling at my win. I hear clapping coming from the porch and look over to see everyone outside even Coby. I walk towards the door where they are.

"Who knew you could do that?"

"That was so cool Talia."

"That's damn impressive girl."

"Who taught you that?"

I smile at all the praise. Thanking them as they pat my back. Coby was standing in front of the door. I glared at him and then walked inside. The adrenaline still coursing through me from the race. Something about tasting death makes me feel more alive then anything.

A/N The picture at the top is the car