2:47am

Unedited
I pushed my food around my plate like a toddler.
My parents were currently in a full fledged discussion about Noah and his grades, his girlfriend, and his scholarship to NYU.
You see, Noah is the guy everyone wants to be, and every girl wants to date.
He's had straight A's since grade school, and he's been quarterback for the past 4 years of his high school career.
And my parents treat him like gold.
For his 16th birthday, a new Prius was waiting for him in the driveway.
When I turned 16 last month, I got my dad's old beat up 1999 red Chevy.
I'm happy with the Chevy, I really am, I'm grateful to even have a car but it's just the point.
Everyone seems to forget about me.
Noah also happened to be gifted with good looks and green eyes and blonde curly hair like my dad.
I on the other hand, have brown eyes and black hair, just like my mother, who was currently raving and ranting about Jessica.
Jessica is Noah's new "girlfriend of the week" by the way, and she's a total slut.
In her freshman year she banged the football team faster than Kanye running on stage at the Grammys.

Anyway, I'm sitting at the table of our yellow house, looking at the truck outside, thinking about that girl.
She was so different and amazing in the weirdest way.
My mind lingered on her all throughout dinner,
And though the food wasn't that good, I still smiled imagining her face.

~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~。~

*Tap*
*Tap*
*Tap tap*
I heard knocking on my window.
Wait what? I was on the second floor..how is someone knocking?
I turned to the click that read 2:47am.
This better be damn important if I'm waking up for this shit.
I grumbled as I walked to the window.
I looked around and no one was there.
I looked down.
There she was.
The girl from school was in my backyard.
I can't believe this.
How did she find me?
I opened the window slowly.
"Hey you!" She called up.
"Yes?" I replied.
"You wanna go drive around with me?"
What the hell?
"It's 2am...where is there to go at 2am? And how'd you find me?" I asked.
"First of all, it's now 2:51am, and I ran into your friend with the pick up lines at Food Lion this afternoon. We had a conversation, and look, now I'm here..are you coming or not?"
I looked around.
It was Friday, and this girl was cool...and maybe this is stupid but..

I didn't have time to finish my thought because I was already climbing out the window, into the night, and into her car.