Chapter 18

Foolish~18

*PRESENT DAY HARRY*

Niall lifts his shoulder to brush me off.

What the hell mate?

He continues to push Reese to the lifts and disappears.

Why am I even doing this?

Niall's got this picture perfect mural in her eyes. He's taken over her sense of safety and care.

If I didn't know any better, there's something going on between them.

What's it my business to help?!

But seeing her... In the bed. Frail and heart shattered. Totally wasted away.

Dammit. I love her so much. I need her. I need to have Reese in my life. She's the crutch to my brokenness. The mender to my wounds. I am selfish.

I am selfish of her soul. I want it. 'It's mine all mine'.

I smile to myself as I remembered how many times I've said that to myself.

"Mine all mine"

Her long blonde hair and blissful gray eyes.

She's more than a foot shorter than me. I love having to dip my head to kiss her forehead. Or having to lift her from under her bum to kiss her lips.

I miss everything we had.

But this stupid choice she made to cheat on me....

Did she...?

She had to. Why would she keep the film from me? She knew how much I supported her. She knew how much I was into to her career too.

But she chose to hide it because she knew that I would question and pressure the guy in the film.....

Of all the nerve....

My anger towards her is fighting with the strong love we had. And with the small fray of compassion I had still hanging from a thread on the bottom of my cracked heart.

And I can't seem to let it go.

I decide to follow them up to Niall's flat.

I knock on the door and Niall opens it.

"What do you want mate?" He asks closing the door behind him.

"I was just coming to.... You know... Check on her..." I shove my hands in my pocket.

"You know..." He shifts his weight "you don't have to do this....".

"What? It's best that I help her out" I say offended.

"Yeah. But that's not what I meant. You don't have to.. 'Act like you really care' when you don't Harry" he says sending an arrow through my chest.

"Mate.. What are you talking about?"

"You can't be nice to her all the time when you don't really care what's going on at all. You'll confuse her and hurt her more" he says.

"First off. I do care. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. That damn doctor doesn't tell me what to do. I decide what's best. Second, hurt her? She hurt me. I want to get to the bottom of this as much as you do. So I suggest, if you want you and I to be cool, you step aside and let me help in the way I deed best" I state.

Niall's stumped.

My brother...

"Hey Ni. I want her better as much as you do. I hate to see her this way. Please, just let me help in every way possible. So I can get to the nitty gritty of this situation" I say.

He presses his lips together and nods.

I hold my arms out and we pat backs we hug.

"Can I please see her?" I ask.

He doesn't say anything but opens the door for me.

Reese is sitting on the sofa with her blanket. Eyes lightly closed. Knowing that she's not asleep I go to sit.

She softly opens her eyes and she nervously grows aware of my presence.

"Hey" I say sitting about 5 feet from her.

"Hi" she slightly grins.

"Hey Haz you want something to drink?" Niall calls from the kitchen.

"Waters fine lad!" I call.

"Me too please" Reese says softly.

She makes eye contact with me.

I stare into her eyes for a moment. Just the slightest ray of familiarity was evident. She is slowly coming back. Her being in London. In our flat building. She's home. Our home that we shared is just a few doors down. She's so close, yet so far.