{CHAPTER 6}

"Angry Italian"

Chapter 6:

Hailey,
I manage to get an hour sleep in before I pull myself out of the covers begrudgingly really wishing I could go back to bed and walk into my closet to find something comfortable to wear not knowing how long I was going to have to work to finish off my workload which had almost tripled due to a new contract coming into our business last minute.

I pull out a tank top and a pair of joggers not being bothered unless it was comfy I walk back in the room grabbing my files from my bag and make sure my laptop is tucked tightly under my arm before I leave the comfort of my room to walk to my office which was located on the bottom floor.

after placing all my stuff on my desk I turn my desk lamp on so I can start getting to work I started up my laptop and began sifting through all the papers getting everything ready so I would be up to date I never liked having things out of place I have always been very tidy especially with my files I have sometimes gone to the extreme of colour organising them so I know which ones I needed to get done first.

I don't know how long I had been working for and I didn't really care until I heard my stomach rumble and decided that I needed to eat especially after not eating when I got home earlier normally I would order in but seeing the time on my clock there was only a few selected stores open and I couldn't be arsed to try and order anything.

and anyway I had a full pantry and kitchen in my house I wasn't totally useless I knew my way around the kitchen I just never had time to be in it and as it was only me here so I saw no need to cook after organising the rest of my files on my desk for tomorrow and turning my laptop off.

I walk out of my office and towards the kitchen which was pitch dark except for the light at the end of the hall which I can only assume is Jace in the other study that I have however deciding to ignore it I walk into my pantry and begin to pull out the ingredients to make a chicken carbonara it had been ages since I have had a home cooked pasta dish and I know my Nonna would sacrifice me after she spent so long teaching me the way of Italian dishes for me not to use them especially with a guest in my house.

I was plating up the food making sure to do a second plate so I could feed my husband don't be fooled I'm not really a heartless bitch I have a soft side too and I so happened to make too much food for myself anyway so why not give Jace some he was nice enough to carry me to bed so this is the least I could do I walked over to the light that was still switched on in the study and I was not surprised to find him there mixed with all of the messy files on the table. 

I think to myself how the hell he gets any work done when his work station is this much of a mess I know I have to have a colour coded planned out way to do my work so I never miss anything or lose any important information pages but before I could scold him on his filing system and how he has caused a mess in my house I see how dishevelled he looked and I'm guessing he has been in here for a while his face buried in his hands signalling his exhaustion.