{CHAPTER 27}

"Legally Ravello"

Chapter 27:

Hailey,
     I shouldn't have asked if it could get worse knowing of course it could.

Not only did Lorenzo file a lawsuit against me he went for my father too which infuriated me as I sit opposite my lawyer with my father on the other line of the phone as we board a plane to go to Italy I know it's dangerous for the baby but I need to get this over with first I did let my doctor know beforehand.

Jace takes his place next to me pulling my hand into his lap after the whole sordid phone call Jace found me in the bedroom seething as I chewed out my lawyer on the other end of the phone not being in any place to think rationally I end up spilling out the problem with Lorenzo and as soon as his name leaves my mouth Jace turns as angry as I was feeling demanding that he helps me out.

which I had no qualms about feeling like the more help me and my father had the better and it also felt good to be supported by someone I'm guessing this is what it felt like when I helped him out with his court case but I had no time to reminisce as my lawyer talks through the allegations that Lorenzo had against me and my father.

"he claims that in the marriage clause that you both signed there was a separate one that claimed Lorenzo equal shares of Ravenna industries" I have never felt so angry in my life how dare he try to stake claim on anything I have created.

"impossible me and my father made sure that anything related marriage wise was only for appearances only he had no official standing in my business" I say to my lawyer as I run through the contract that my father sent to me to show that there was in fact no clause that states he would have equal shares of my company.

"I understand Mrs Ravello but I think it will be better to go through this in person why don't I meet with you and your father when you get here?" He says the sound of rustling papers indicating he is getting everything together I bid him goodbye as I sink in my seat letting out a defeated sigh as I feel Jace rub his hands up my arms trying to comfort me.

"he is an asshole why is he doing this now ugh he just wants control over you" he says frustrated but I find his angry expression hilarious as I let out a chuckle which he springs his head towards me finally letting a smile come through I know what that means I haven't been the best company while this is going on and I feel bad and then add the guilt on for not telling him the truth about the pregnancy put me in a weird position where I have to lie to Jace which I am yet to do.

"ay there's that laugh of yours I thought it had gone on holiday" he says chuckling at his own mental image when I press a kiss to his cheek letting him know he's helping me out.

"thank you I know this is a difficult situation but thank you for being with me" I say softly as he pulls me closer into his body so I could lay my head on his chest I feel the steady beat of his heart as it lulls me to sleep I never got a moment to have a nap after the news we pretty much got the jet ready and made our way to meet my family in Italy.