{CHAPTER 32}

"Ravenna & Ravello"

Chapter 32:

Hailey,
  It's my first day back at work and I would be lying if I didn't say I was nervousness I didn't want to leave Acre but Jace luckily sorted my problem creating an almost daycare at the company it seemed to garner a lot of attention from staff as they decided to bring their kids in.

I never realised how many had kids before until I see Acre happily playing with a few kids his own age while I was away on maternity leave Jace was helping start the merger between Ravenna industries and Ravello co meaning our building was bigger now and new employees where hired to work in the firm.

I couldn't lie since the merger had happened we had ten times the percentage increase in profits so if anything this was what was in the best interests for our company but the bad thing was that me and Jace had joined offices causing me to get distracted very easily but I don't seem to be the only one struggling keeping to themselves Jace seems to try and find any chance he can to come in my office or drag me out.

which I am not minding but I didn't want it to affect our business but as I'm sat behind my desk with my laptop in front of me as Misty runs through the agenda for the day I find my self loving the fact I am back at work I always thrived in this setting and now I'm back and better than ever.

I buckle down getting most of my work done before my lunch hour rolls in I close my laptop deciding to go and see how Acre was doing in daycare I packed myself a sandwich and Acre knowing he's definitely going to be hungry at this time I get up informing Misty that I'm going to go see Acre which she just nods at as I walk over to one of the meeting rooms to which we turned into the daycare wanting him to remain on the same floor as us.

I turn the corner hoping to see Acre happily playing amongst the others but instead this woman who I don't know was holding my son by his arm quite forcefully screaming in my sons face I storm over to her grabbing my son from her grasp as she lets out a high pitched squeak as I turn my hit gaze to her.

"what do you think you are doing touching my son he is two for gods sake no one places their hand on my baby do you understand me!" I know I have a raised voice but I couldn't care less she touched my son and she should be lucky I didn't kick her ass out of this building.

there is one rule I placed in this daycare and that was no one touched my son for any reason unless he deserved it but when I see my sons tear streaked face I feel my blood boil even further as she tries to plead her case to me.

"Mrs Ravello I am sorry I was trying to tell him not to grab the crayons with out asking" I stop her before she can say something that was going to result in an assault charge I get right in her face pulling my son further away from her view.

"now I guess you already know you are fired! I want you out of this building immediately" I say deadly serious as her face pales before she stutters out her breath before I hear someone step behind me as they watch the scene unfold.

Jace,
I leave my office hoping to catch Hailey on her lunch break so we can go and get dinner but when I see her office empty I look for Misty she should definitely know where her boss is in case she had to get in touch with her after searching every where for Misty.

I hear a loud commotion coming from the daycare I hear raised voices and my feet move on their own account knowing that voice I have heard her many rants before but I have never heard her as angry as she is right now I walk as fast as my legs can take me when Hailey comes into view.

I look her over to make sure there was no damages done but when I see Acre placed on her hip but far out of the reach of the lady in front I go on the defence it's not until I see the tear streaks on my sons face that my own anger bubbles as I watch Hailey go mad at the employee.

her face was white as a sheet of paper as my wife's voice booms across the room feeling like I have seen enough I storm over towards them as I watch my wife pull our son closer into her on instinct as I watch her face remain in its cold stare at the woman.

"I believe my wife just told you to leave the building immediately if I were you I would listen to her before I escort you out myself you got it oh and don't put us down as a reference" I say furiously as I spin around pulling Hailey and Acre into my arms calming them down.

I pepper kisses over Hailey's face her feature morphs from anger to calm in a second I can't help but feel turned on by her obvious mamma bear instincts is it weird to find a woman sexy when she gets angry cause that's what I'm feeling right now I pull away from her face seeing a ghost of a smile on her face as my son turns to us with a small pout on his face as he looks between us.

"oh I'm sorry little dude have I left you out?" I say in mock disgust before I pepper kisses all over his face too causing small giggles to echo out I grab him from Hailey spinning him around while blowing raspberries on his stomach making his laughter come out more sporadic as he tries to breathe.

I look over to see my wife leaning against the door watching us the look on her face says everything without her even trying making me feel like I have solved world hunger or created a cure for cancer instead of comforting them after she blew up on one of the employees.

I beckon her over by the crook of my finger she cautiously walks over planting a kiss on Acre's head before doing the same to me which I love she has to know I would do anything for them.

"thank you Jace I just didn't like the way she was manhandling our son I just kind of blew up I don't know what happened I just saw red" she says timidly as she watches our son fall asleep in my arms.

"love you have nothing to be sorry for you were trying to protect our son and no one should be sorry for that now come on let's go home I think we have had enough drama for today" I say grabbing her hand as we walk hand in hand out of the office.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

Well I guess momma bear has joined the workforce and she isn't holding back her fire I guess we will have to see what happens next with a new chapter.

Did Hailey do the right thing?

What would you do?

What will happen next?

Don't forget
Vote & comment

Don't forget Vote & comment