Roses

Weeks passed with much of the same routines for both of them. Summer had come to an end, Karasuno having passed the preliminaries, they were now training intensely for the Qualifiers for the Spring Inter High. She, on the other hand, was drowning in rehearsals. September was flying by faster than she liked and soon enough the Recital was also going to be just around the corner.

What little time they had free, though, they'd spend together either studying or just hanging out resting from the day's activities.

It was one of those Sunday afternoons that found both of them laying down on the floor of her living room, textbooks long forgotten on the table, enjoying the nice breeze coming in from the open doors to the garden.

Suga looked at her from his spot, she had her eyes closed and her lips were slightly quirked up. His heart jumped as he looked at her, so peaceful for the first time in a while and he held his breath in fear of disrupting the quiet ambiance. They were close to one another, so close that if he reached his hand just a little bit, he'd be able to brush the strand of hair that had fallen across her face...

"Do you know what you want to do? Once we're done, I mean" she whispered quietly and Suga let out a long sigh, his hand twitching slightly where it had stopped just an inch away from her face – he hadn't even realized he had moved it and he quickly pulled it back to lay on his side-. She opened her eyes then, rolling on her side to look at him in the eyes and it was like all the breath had been punched out of his lungs, "I know you mentioned a couple of things that you'd like to do but you never confirmed anything"

He stayed silent for a while, he had thought about it a lot lately and there was only one option that hadn't left his mind. "I'd like to become a teacher" he confessed and she smiled brightly at him, he swore his heart melted right then. "I've been thinking about it for a while and...I don't know, it just makes sense to me, you know?"

Her smile only widened and she nodded, reaching over and resting her hand on top of his. He hoped that she couldn't hear his heart hammering in his chest. "You'd be a wonderful teacher, I've seen how you handle the team, you have more patience than I ever would with all of them" she chuckled, "I honestly don't know how you survive with Tanaka and Nishinoya, and now Hinata and Kageyama as well, the team is truly becoming a hurricane" he laughed, a fond smile grazing his lips.

"They have a lot of potential and talent" he said thoughtfully, in a brief moment of bravery he had turned his hand to properly hold hers on top of his chest and now his thumb was drawing soft circles on the back of her hand, "it's just a matter of knowing how to work with their strengths and amplify them"

She smirked at him, "you make it sound so easy", she returned the soft caresses to the back of his hand, now drawing small eights in the back of it, "but then again, I suppose it's natural for you, which is why I'm even more sure that you'd be an amazing teacher, have you thought about where you'd like to go? I mean Universities and stuff"

He sighed then. He knew that both of their paths were very different there. She was destined to go to Tokyo, or even abroad, to make it big in the music industry as a pianist and composer. His ambitions were slightly more local though, he wanted to go to a University not that far from home and maybe even work at Karasuno one day.

"I've checked out a few universities, I'm interested in a few programs but it will all depend on my scores on the entrance exams" he said looking down at their intertwined hands. He wondered if he should say something then, their time together as carefree high school students was slowly coming to an end. Did he really want them both to go on their own ways without telling her how he truly felt?

"I think I'm going to apply for the Tokyo College of Music" she said and she looked at him in the eyes. He saw something in the way she looked at him that he couldn't quite place, but it made his heart clench. "It has one of the best programs for aspiring musicians and a lot of their students become world class artists"