epigraph

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IN THE FOLLOWING weeks after Meredith's funeral, the others were returned to their cells and the ones who were free went their separate ways.

the mourning were struggling and the ones in denial refused to truly open their eyes and admit to themselves the trouble they had caused.

Sam sat in the corner of his cell mumbling incoherent words under he's breath, the walls were bare but the bars had a faint red tint.

"i won't act my age..." He begun to sing fiddling with his fingers, the song had been stuck in his head since her funeral.

the band was insufferable but Meredith used to say that One Direction would one day rule the world and change music forever.

"Shut up!" Clint exclaimed pacing around his own cell, he had been a miserable bustard the last couple of days.

he claimed it was because he was missing his kids and wife, he wouldn't ever admit that he actually cared about Meredith.

"Oh please stop arguing!" Wanda moaned from the cell beside him, she was on the verge of slamming her head against the wall until she inevitably died.

"this is bullshit, I shouldn't even be in here anyway." Clint complained for the millionth time since they were incarcerated.

they all fell silent finally bringing the bickering to an end, suddenly, sounds of gunshots and arguments rang through the air.

the others quickly got to their feet but Sam simply stood a few feet away from the bars, he knew what was coming.

who was coming.

the guards standing in the area quickly got on defense raising and loading their guns.

A hooded figure ran into the room almost too quickly for the naked eye to spot, the stranger hooked their legs around one of the unsuspecting guards neck and bought him down.

the crack that followed was clear that the man was dead, murdered in cold blood.

the other held up his gone, he's finger hovering over the trigger.

Sam didn't say a word watching as this person tucked and rolled barrelling into the guards legs, he fell only moments later and a single gun shot rung.

the blood splattering across the ground and walls, the assailant stood, identity covered by a hood and face mask.

Sam squinted his eyes trying to make the person out through the smoke, alas, no such luck.

His arms shot up defensively as the wall blocking him from freedom caved in leaving a hole large enough for him to step through.

he smirked raising his head.

the person stepped forward and removed the hood, Sam almost wept in joy when their identity was revealed.

stood infront of him was his best friend, she smirked and stepped aside.

"you coming or what?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬